Need help with a slide guitar riff

tnrocks

Hey guys. I was wondering if there was anyone who could write, record a little bluesy slide part for one of my songs. The song is more modern hard rock but has a country vibe to it. Neither I or my other guitarist is any good at slide guitar.

All that's needed is a little overdub part in the intro, verses and outro. Something along the lines of blaze of glory - Bon Jovi. Although you'll hear this sounds nothing like Bon Jovi lol.

I am shite at slide but I have needed to play some limited slide live a few times.

I found wearing the slide on 3rd finger and resting a finger or part of your hand on the strings behind the slide (i.e between the slide and the nut) helped keep everything sounding sensible and then adding a little compression helped.

I was only playing a few notes up and down the neck over two strings, mind.

I describe my slide playing sounding like a cat in heat haha. I am not very bluesy or twangy and I don't have that in me. Somehow this song ended up with that vibe. Without anything it just sounds plain and bland

Yeah, that worked. I'm sure a couple of people will be happy to add a slide part and send it back to you.

If no-one good does it, I will. You guys seem like good enough guitarists though, just give it a crack.

I just threw something together too. If you like, I can take a serious pass at it. Up to you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yewwsfttqh2elo3/Bottom Mixdown 1st take - Start.wav?dl=0

Let me know if the link doesn't work, please.

Gear used:
'62 Reissue Tele
Vox Tonelab st
Tascam US-1800
Studio One Artist

**I can do this with a cranked amp if you prefer. But the wife is home at the moment and not a fan of some of my recording ways. (I can't even play the drums, sax or clarinet when she's home, lol)

Last edited:
Ha I'm lovin' this,,,
tnrocks ... you still looking for someone to rip on this ?
I hear brass, steel, or glass slide on this,,,
Let me know,,, or PM me, and I'll start havin some fun with it !!!

Just rather not post it here, or work on it if your done with it man,,, lol,,,
But this this actually frigin rocks !!! ... and if I can help you find that sound, my pleasure ,,,
Tell yer bro's good job !!!

Back