need help from DP users

Veej007

Hello everyone.

I am running an experiment in a Psychology lab that makes elementary use of DP3 and a MIDI drum machine, and I am having trouble getting DP up and running. System specs are G3, 300 mHz, 384 MB RAM, 1x1 MIDIman USB interface (not sure of the exact model number) and Alesis SR-16 drum machine. OS is 9.2.2, fresh format and install. The Alesis is currently recognized by FreeMIDI setup and is marked on the chart as linked to the computer using both in and out, but it's only connected to the "MIDI In" port on the interface because I only plan to use it as a controller.

I am trying to play back prerecorded sequences as well as input from the drum machine touch pads using the built-in Quicktime instrument bank. For some reason, I cannot seem to do this. A test from the Control Panels confirms that the system can produce sound, but playback from DP doesn't do anything.

In case it matters, I am trying to play the audio from a small set of speakers that is integrated into the monitor I am using, but I have also tried plugging a headset into the audio output jack on the back of the computer. Both have been fruitless.

Also, the MIDI monitor window shows a light on Channel 1 every time I hit one of the drum machine's pads, but for some reason no note values show up in the DP sequence. It's only registering attack and aftertouch.

So, how do I go about setting up DP preferences such that I can get MIDI input from the drum machine and playback through the built-in stuff?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Vijith

Have you created a midi track?

Try setting the midi input to "OMNI" rather than channel one.

If you have a midi track, have you set its output to the Quicktime?

Good luck,

lD

Have you tried posting at the Unicornation.com BBS? They have an entire section dedicated to Digital Performer.

Back