need help and opinions (rock track)

calmlikeabom

well with the help of some guys on the board ive gotten a great guitar sound.. everything in this mix is raw i just set some volumes.. i need help from you guys on how i can bring out the drums and make them sound more powerfull to fit in with the guitar? any additional info you need just ask me and ill let ya know! BTW this is just guitar and drums

ok......... some tips for e.q.ing the drums....... you may or may not like how this sounds.....but....

500hz midscoop on the bass drum........... and raise somewhere around 80hz...it seems to have a lot of click already, so i wouldn't raise any high end.......but in the future if you need to raise highend........try somewhere around 6khz.

on toms try a midscoop at about 600z on the toms

try a mid scoop on the snare at around 800hz or maybe even 900hz........i think it gives the snare more crack, but at the same time it seems to make the low end more apparent.
try puttint a whole lot of compression on the snare....

and...to me the cymbals sound a little funky.......once the rest of the band is in place they may sound better.........but if not........i think maybe you should add some high end.......like 12khz or so.. It's sooo hard to get china cymbals to sound good....good luck...

guitar tone is pretty dang good...... i think..

k only problem with that is the way i had to record i used 5 mics in recording 2 57's 1 beta 57 and beta 58 and an octavia MK219 all mixed down to a single drum track.. so i can only EQ the overall track now. ide like to get the kindof stdium or reall upfront kindof kit sound. i think it needs a little more bass and maybee a slight effect.

I'd do some parallel compression on the drums. Make a copy of your drum track and hit it HARD with a compressor. Now using the uncompressed drum track as the main track, push the squashed drum track up underneath it to taste. It can still be dynamic and the compressed track can add power.

drummachine

this is collin, the drummer, and i'm glad yall like the song and stuff...and thank you for you suggestions and your help..and thanks for the compliment guitarjesus ;)! haha..thanks again guys. we really appretiate your feedback, so keep the comments coming!

Back