Need help (Again)

Bagged Taco

Well thanks to the advice of people.. Ive moved up in the world a little bit.. My current setup is

Cubase SX
M-Audio Audiophile 24/96
Mackie Dfx6 6-Channel Mixer
Technics AX3 Keyboard Synth
Peavy Condencer Mic

But im a little confused on exactly how i should be hooking this up.. I have the mic on one channel.. the soundcard out on another channel.. but where should i take the soundcard in from?.. Im thinking one of the Aux channels so i can control what goes into it.. The Tape Out is no good because i dont want to re-record what is coming out from the sound card...

Second.. I know my synth is old but i only really want to use the Midi to control the VSTi's however i cant really figureout how to do that.. (Might have to ask that in another forum) The head lyrisist is sick right now hopefully i can get this done so when he is better i can get somethin for ya'll to listen to..

Pit Pound Productions
PitPound@Verizon.net

Well i figured out the problems in the last post however ive seem to come up with more :)

First) There is a delay when i use Cubase and VSTi's with my midi.. about 1/2 second from when i press a key untill i hear the sound from the monitors.. Any ideas? Some people have said something about buffer settings and make shure im useing the ASIO drivers.. but i dont know how to do any of that..

Second) Where can i find info on how to design a home studio setup?.. more spasific a sound proof vocal booth.. But any design tips would be helpfull..

Nick
Pit Pound Productions

Re: Re: Need help (Again)

flossyboy said:
BAG THESE NUTTS IN YA MOUTH.......JUST MESSING WITH YA , BUT I HAD TO GET YOU
THAT TEXAS FELLA
SUGATY@AOL.COM

flossboy, I think that Bagged Taco took offense to your joke.

You might want to apologize......... ;)

My bad Mr. Taco
hahaha i like your post Spin.

Anyways , i've been doing some reading and i think this reading material will put you on point about drivers and what ASIO is and why it's a better driver. I could type it all out and act like I know some ish, which I do, but it's only because I read more than the average person.

http://industryclick.com/magazinear...aseid=9651&magazinearticleid=135273&siteid=15

Why don't you bookmark
www.studiocovers.com

If you can read and comprehend every article you'll be the next Quincy Jones hahahahahaha

But that's a gang of good reading material.

That Texas Fella
sugaty@aol.com

hope this helps

bagged taco, send a pm to chalin 27 he's in your area, he may be able to help you with some stuff. he's a busy man, but willing to do what his time allows.

originally posted by bagged taco
First) There is a delay when i use Cubase and VSTi's with my midi.. about 1/2 second from when i press a key untill i hear the sound from the monitors

that may have something to do with the settings in cubase. you might want to adjust your timing under transport tab sync setup. i have never had that problem so i can't tell you exactly what settings you should use.

originally posted by bagged taco
But im a little confused on exactly how i should be hooking this up.. I have the mic on one channel.. the soundcard out on another channel.. but where should i take the soundcard in from?.. Im thinking one of the Aux channels so i can control what goes into it.. The Tape Out is no good because i dont want to re-record what is coming out from the sound card...

i hope this helps. you have your mic on one channel, cool. the sound card left and right output cables can go on the next two channels, that way you can listen to what ever is coming from your computer. you should have your input cables connected to the xlr or quarter inch out put on the mixer. to not record what is coming out from the sound card and still be able to listen while recording you should have something labled channel inserts. this may be in the back of your mixer. hook the cable going into your sound card to this. i don't know anything about your mixer, i'm just taking a stab in the dark. hope it helps

Bagged Taco said:
....First) There is a delay when i use Cubase and VSTi's with my midi.. about 1/2 second from when i press a key untill i hear the sound from the monitors.. Any ideas?.....

You need to update your soundcard drivers to WDM. That will rectify your latency problems. :cool:

Back