Need Headphones recommendation

hilarypaprocki

Hello there.

I need a decent cheap closed headphone to give a singer. It does not need to be all that hi-fi. A $50 pair of cans would be perfectly adequate, fi-wise. All it needs to do is to let the poor guy know whether he's in tune, and not bleed into the mic.

I'm looking at some Audio Technicas. Good enough?

All the closed phones I've seen quote their isolation from outside noise, but none seem to have any awareness of their contribution to outside noise.

Does anybody here have any specific experience in this sort of quest? I think that if I find the right thing I can cross this off the list for $50-70.

You tell me. What's cheap and doesn't bleed?

H

hilarypaprocki said:
I'm looking at some Audio Technicas. Good enough?

You tell me. What's cheap and doesn't bleed?

H

You can't go wrong with the Audio Technicas, I use both the ATH-m40fs and ATH-m30's. On the cheap, the M30's are the way to go, a little more bass heavy than the M40fs's but provide solid isolation just the same.

Get the MoreMe phones. They're built better, have nice things like a mono/stereo switch, can be used really loud, and don't bleed to the mic much at all. I use them all the time, they're great.

Oh, and they start at $20/pair. Can't beat that!

MoreMe

How much $ really?

If you want to keep them under $50, the earlier comments about the Audio Technicas are right on.
If you are going to spend near the $100 mark, The AKG 240's are not the greatest as they are open back and will bleed as well as allow for feedback and let in stray noise. For $100, I'd highly recommend the Sennheiser HD280pros. They are closed back and really keep out the noise. Just ask my wife and Kids. Hey Daaaaaaaaaaad!!!!!!!!!!!
http://mysite.verizon.net/homestudioguy/

You know, I just noticed that the original poster wants tracking headphones to hand out to a singer. I think the More Me or something like that are probably a great suggestion, as it's probably not a great idea to hand your best headphones to singers, drummer's, guitarists, etc. Headphones get beat up pretty quickly when used in tracking situations.

So... I would say.... go with some Behringer DJ/Studio headphones work very good :) The model is... HPX2000

AND...The price was... 34.95 CDN

Not bad at all for the price... Under $50.00 and good to hand out. No worries about breaking $100.00 headphones

I have the Behringer Studio Headphone HPX3000 I paid about RM200 (USD45). Sound isolation very good, lots of bass but it's not very flat though. Your ear gets weary and sweaty on prolonged listening.

Back