Need Feedback

haha oh bitterness at the forums.... always makes my day (it streamed fine for me). I like this song, especially when it fills out in the middle. The tracking vocals are done well. Not much to critique on... well done.

This is a quality product. Everything seems to sit well in the mix. I might bump the vocals up one tiny bit of a smidgen. Obviously the drum loop isn't ideal, but the rest of the performance more than compensates for it. Love how the bass sounds. Very well done.

Minofifa,

Thanks for listening. Glad you didnt hear anything negative. Hopefully others are able to play the link without it "dumping" the DL on them.

Justin

Rythm,

Thanks. Yes, the loop needs to be replaced. I just dont have an available drummer right now. I need to pick up a kit for the studio bad.

Justin

Good song, good production. The way the song builds is great. The drums are a little too loud in the beginning. Great bass. good vocals. Maybe take the main vocal up a 3rd and and harminize the root( reverse) but only on the 2nd half of the song.

The quality is of the highest calibre.....
I cranked it up in a wide ambient surrounding and was especially taken with the emotion involved with the vocals...
Quite frankly...though on a technical stand...some may critique the percussion...these drum tracks are representative of enviroment...and they achieve their purpose well enough to look beyond...
I sincerely mean this with conviction...
Well done...
Well done...

I liked it a lot. The guitars are strong as are the vocals. The mix is good. I couldn't help wonder what I would have thought about the drums if you hadn't commented on the loop before I heard it.

Jim,

Yes I screwed myself on the drum statement :) Ill shut up next time.

Soldier,

Thanks a lot man.

Yorgo,

Thank you as well.

OK when I clicked on it it shows an attachment download so I thought, I don't want to do this, do I? That was yesterday LOL today I did it.

That is a beautiful song, great feeling, well played, clean recording. It definately has a pro sound to it. On my system, computer speakers, the vox are a hair low in the mix. I'd like to hear that acoustic guitar la bit ouder and fuller, but I'm just nit picking, I love acoustic guitar. Great job, you have real talent.

Slkeen,

Thanks man. I can see what you mean on that DL poppin up. I need to get my cox home page setup so I can host my own mp3's. Thanks for the feedback. I think youre right on the acoustic needing some fullness. I dont remember how I eq'd it. Ill look.

Thanks again,

Justin

Very nice. Sounds great. Some percussion would probably fill it out nicely. Maybe a bit of shaker and triangle or something.

Tex,

Great minds think a like! I do want triangle in here somewhere. I actually suck playing it though. I have a buddy with a percussion degree. I'll call him.

Thanks,

Justin
PS Did you finish that real cool modern rock band?? I'd like to hear more of them.

Triangle is tough. I usually just try to play through the whole song and find that one measure where it doesn't completely suck and loop that, lol.

TexRoadkill said:
Triangle is tough. I usually just try to play through the whole song and find that one measure where it doesn't completely suck and loop that, lol.
bahahahaa...that's my tambourine AND shaker method. Thank GOD for computers.

Hey man, nice tune. I'd envelope the drums down some and bring them up gradually as the mix builds. The drums sounds are decent enough...most loops are...it's just a matter of augmenting the loop some or adding other percussion like Tex suggested.

The clean guit parts are great. I personally would like to hear more ass in the rhythm guitars, but I can't ever get the sound I want, so I'll just shut up about that. The acoustic sounds great.

Very nice...I need to Improve my recording techniques...and re-do...re-do..re-do until I get it right...
Excellent!

Back