Need feedback (Half Completed Demo)

dgrswe

hello! i have made an piano house track here, which i really would like some feedback on, if there is anything that i could change with mastering etc. Anything feedback related is appreciated! (im 14 years old but want i can take criticism)

View attachment pianohouseagain.mp3

well - even though it's not my favourite genre - there is NO clue at all in that, that you are 14. You've made musically sensible decisions, and clearly have a good ear. with EDM, the mastering things is more about style, than technical - and of course the filter sweeps and stuff are your choice. In terms of levels and dynamics, I'd struggle to criticise. It sounds exactly like you expect to hear - and also works well on bass light speakers I note - there's enough high bass to keep it locked together which often is missing - you hear a great mix, then listen on smaller speakers and it turns nasty - this one is great.

well - even though it's not my favourite genre - there is NO clue at all in that, that you are 14. You've made musically sensible decisions, and clearly have a good ear. with EDM, the mastering things is more about style, than technical - and of course the filter sweeps and stuff are your choice. In terms of levels and dynamics, I'd struggle to criticise. It sounds exactly like you expect to hear - and also works well on bass light speakers I note - there's enough high bass to keep it locked together which often is missing - you hear a great mix, then listen on smaller speakers and it turns nasty - this one is great.
thanks! appreciate the feedback :)

Not my genre, but pretty well done. Sounds like it could be a sound track for a TV show for when the cops go into a dance club to question the sleazy owner. Keep at it. You're getting your chops and just need to find your own voice. This is a bit derivative imo, but I wish I was this advanced at your age.

It sounds exactly like you expect to hear - and also works well on bass light speakers I note - there's enough high bass to keep it locked together which often is missing - you hear a great mix, then listen on smaller speakers and it turns nasty - this one is great.
Yeah, I agree with this. My preference, however, would be for a slightly bigger bottom on the kick, b-u-t... that's always a subjective call with this stuff.

I heard somebody say something interesting about instrumental music like this - he said he didn't want to make an instrumental track that could or would or should have a vocal over top of it - he wanted an instrumental track that can stand on its own. I'm not saying that about your track - I just thought it was worth sharing.

not my genre, so take this with a grain of salt.
Great mix. Quite listenable but to me the kick drum sounds a bit weak. Maybe pick one with a bit more bottom end?

Hey , I'm listening on very "slightly" bass hyped headphones and everything sounds Great to me. I enjoy "any" genre of music that's done well , and I think you hit the spot on this one (for me). On the suggestion side .. I have a pet peave about a song starting as soon as I press the play button. A second or 2 of silence before it starts gives a listener a little time to appreciate an intro. Enjoyed it .. mark

Back