Need DA/AD Converter Recommendation

int

My mixer is going in for repairs, unfortunately. In the meantime, I can limp by with some sort of 2 channel converter that can spdif into my Mixtreme soundcard. I'll be able to limp by with monitoring via software, hopefully.

Is there a box out there that can take 2 channels of line in, convert, spdif out, then take a spdif input back to a line signal? Preferaby one that sounds good - or at least comparable to the converters on my Tascam DM-24 - that has a headphone out as well.

I'm thinking I can pre with my Sytek (using 2 channels), output to the converter, spdif into the Mixtreme, software, then output via spdif back to the converter, and output to my monitors and a headphone channel. At least 2 channels is necessary, otherwise I'll have to rent.

I'm looking at the M-Audio Flying Cow at the moment. And I have a little Behringer mixer we can limp by with.

Any thoughts?

Thanks ahead.

I have heard good thing about the mindprint diport. It has pres, headphone and monitor outs and 24bit converters at 44/48khz.

An ART DI/O is a cheaper alternative (along with the flying cow you mentioned) though you probably would avoid using the tube feature much. It uses the same converters as the delta44/66 soundcards I believe. You would need to hook it up to the behringer for headphone and monitoring outputs.

Well, the good news is I got offered a fulltime position and a raise at work. The bad news is my solution cost a little more than hoped for.

I ended up with a Delta 1010 and a little Behringer signal router (I can't bring myself to call it a mixer) that will do the job. A little more than I wanted to spend, but I figured I should reward myself. I'll just pull my Mixtreme until my DM-24 is back and work with this setup. I got a silver e609 mic as well.

That DIPort looks pretty sweet. If it had inserts I'd probably get one to put into my setup permanently.

Thanks alfalfa.

Cheers.

Back