need basic instruction

Take Two

When I was in radio, before I got out and started flying as a commercial pilot, I was often assigned spot production duties in our analog, half track stereo studio using LP's for music beds and an RE 20 for me.

Now, having been furloughed from my jet job, and observing the two year anniversary of 9-11, I am returning to the business for voice overs and hopefully, commercial production. I have assembled a rudimentary home recording facility which will allow me to record voice auditions for out of town producers using the scripts they send me. Down the road, I hope to offer commercial production packages to local advertisers, schools, and corporate training departments. This will require more than just skill at the mic, and there's the rub.

Had I chosen pro tools, I could atand a class at Future Media in NYC and be certified as a PT operator. Even then, I would not have all of the skills I might need for this next stage.

For this reason I am seeking some sort of training in contemporary commercial production in the digital recording environment, which would include music bed sourcing and editing using the common production tools, such as Pro Tools and Cool Edit. Do any of you have a recommendation for a school, course, or internship where I might learn these tecniques?

I'm in Pensylvania, outside of Philly.

Yo Take TWO:]

Put down your flaps and land at a Junior College or larger University that offers electronic music courses. You might just hit a course that is exactly what you want. Of course you can know that when you inquire and get a course outline booklet.

Just trying to keep you landing in your area. There are places where you can go a full semester or two but maybe you can find a course, broadcasting course, etc., in your area which will give you what you want. Doesn't hurt to check it out.

I have a pilot's license but never got up to jets. Too much money and I was not longing to change careers at that time.

Good luck.

Green Hornet:D :p :D

Yo Take TWO:]

Put down your flaps and land at a Junior College or larger University that offers electronic music courses. You might just hit a course that is exactly what you want. Of course you can know that when you inquire and get a course outline booklet.

Just trying to keep you landing in your area. There are places where you can go a full semester or two but maybe you can find a course, broadcasting course, etc., in your area which will give you what you want. Doesn't hurt to check it out.

I have a pilot's license but never got up to jets. Too much money and I was not longing to change careers at that time.

Good luck.

Green Hornet:D :p :D

Back