Need assistance with Home Studio...

Joe KID

Hello. I hoping someone can help me out -- as I am new to home recording.

Here's what I am trying to do: I am trying to record guitar and vocals into Home Studio 2002 and then burn that recording to a CD so that I can listen to it in my car.

I am able to record (right now it is simply guitar and vocals) into Home Studio 2002. However, when I play it back or burn it to CD, everything is panned right.

Why is this? Are these two issues separate?

Here's what I have:

Intel Celeron CPU 1100MHz
AT/AT Compatible
252,404 KB RAM

Windows 2000

Creative Soundblaster Audigy Platinum EX

Cakewalk Home Studio 2002

Playback = I'm guessing I don't have my "cables" set up correctly on the playback? At the moment, I don't have any cables going to the breakout box.

CD = I have no idea why it is all panned right when moving it to CD, which I am simply using Media Player to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

Hey Joe KID,

Welcome to the board and the world of recording!

Question, when you record in Home Studio, are you recording each track as a stereo or mono track? If it is stereo, try mono.

Also, on playback in Home Studio does it only come out of the Right hand side?

And last thoughts, you don't have anything other than Media Player to burn a CD?

Porter

Joe KID,

In HS2002, open Piano Roll View for your project. Click on the Mix tab at the bottom of PRV.

In the LH pane of each track you'll see MSR and the minimise and maximise track buttons. Click on maximise for one of your audio tracks.

You'll see three rectangles marked Vol, Pan & Trim

You can double click in the Pan rectangle and change the positon of the instrument on playback by pressing the + and - keys on your numeric keypad. See if you can get the sound to move across the speakers.

--
BluesMeister

THANK YOU for taking the time to help me with this -- I really appreciate it.

Porter- I believe that I am recording each track as a stereo but I am not positive and I will check it out this weekend.

Yes, on playback in Home Studio sound ONLY comes out of the Right hand side?

Yes, currently I only have Media Player -- or at least that is the one I know how to use. Now, that you mention it, I believe I received some additional software with my Soundcard, which I will have to look into. Thanks, Again.

Bluemeister,

I will double check your suggestions. Are there Pan controls in more than one location or is it the same Pan control accesible from different locations/paths in the program? I did set the one(s) that I could find to "center"...

Again, thank you. I will try these suggestions in hopes of trouble shooting the situation. Of course, this assumes that I am 'hooked' up correctly.

If anyone else had suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks.

Joe KID.

it sounds like you need to check the pan function and / or make sure your cables are pushed in all the way

steve

Back