Need Advice! Please Comment The Mix!

Whookam

I got 56k modem and spend lots of time posting mp3, please comment this one! :(
I used Sound Forge´s mp3 converter to convert this one so you guys would be able to convert it back to WAV!
It´s a rock & soul tune, If I can call it that way!
I think it should have more punchy, and the vocals should be brighter, more in front and higher also, If you know what I mean.
I think is has some serious problem with placement in an ambient... The guitar and the vocals seem to be recorded in a room different from the drums...
Please post replies! Comments are very important for us to grow!!!
Thanks everyone!
www.imagelink.com.br/users/skiller/grnino.zip :D

Come on people! Just a little listen and some critiques on the Mixing!
Won´t take lots of your time, the file is only 3mb long!
Just some advices... :confused:

cool tune, maybee some eq on the vox would do you good.
maybee the drums could be a bit better sounding as well, and some more bass is needed.

but all in all a cool track.

Thanks Nakatira!
What exactly in drums is not sounding good? Is the snare to low on volume?
I agree with you about the vocals... gonna fix that!
More comments everyone, Please!!

First off I'd lose the part of that liturgical piece at the begining.
There's a muddy build up in the mids. I like the voices, but they should be much clearer. Start with the drums, get them nice and clean then add the layers. If you have a RTA(Voxengo has a freebie that'll suffice) run each track through it one at a time and find where each one has a peak. I'm betting you'll find several tracks that have humps in the same range. If you can knock down some of those things will open up nicely. I'm guessing most of your problems will be in the 200- 500Hz range. You also may need to add a bit between 3K-8K

Well I just recorded the music, not a band member or producer... It´s a gospel song, that´s why the sarcastical begining! ( At least I think... )
I Think the bass is mudding the mids, I did cut something around 300 and it got less muddy!
The RTA Voxengo you mean... Is it the same think as running tracks trough a Spectrum Analyser?
There´s a lot of frequency struggling, in fact...
Thanks for all the comments VTGREEN! :)
Hopely I will get more comments from people in the THREAD. !!

Fixed some things, did it work?

Did some changes to the song...
Added soem verb to the vocals and tried to get a better timbre. Also cut some low frequency from the bass and pushed up a little bit the snares!
Those who heard it : is it better ?
Those who haven´t heard it, please hear it and make critiques!!
www.imagelink.com.br/users/skiller/grnino.zip

I've shut the studio down for the night and listening to the remix in my office would not be fair. I'll be happy to check it some time tomorrow or Sunday.

Back