Need advice on which keyboards to buy / sell

Gunther

So I’m having a little gear dilemma. This is what I really want...

1) A 76 key un-weighted keyboard that I can easily take to a gig, practice or whatever. Also, I'd like to be able to set it up fast (prefer no modules/racks).

2) A studio with all the sounds I could possibly want and an 88key weighted keyboard / controller.

3) That the above two be independent of each other (i.e. I don’t want to rip my studio apart every time I have a gig.)

-------

This is what I have now:

- Korg N1: 88 weighted keys, but the sounds are outdated. It’s too heavy to transport (or I’m too lazy)

- Yamaha AN1x Synth: 61 key analog modeling synth.

- Yamaha Motif Rack

- Roland JV 1010

- Sonar (on a fast PC, so soft synths are an option)

For sequencing I use the N1 as the controller and the Motif Rack as the sound source. Sonar is obviously the sequencer.

For gigging I use the AN1x as a controller and the Motif rack as the sound source.

The AN1x is sometimes used as a sound source, but rarely. I think the potential of this instrument is just wasted on me :)

The JV1010 is never used, it collects dust.
----------------

Right now my thinking is that I ebay the AN1x and JV1010 (both are in good shape) which should get me at least $500ish. Then I just add in $750 and buy maybe a new triton LE 76key.

Does this sound good? Anyone have a different suggestion?

- Gunther

Gunther said:
Right now my thinking is that I ebay the AN1x and JV1010 (both are in good shape) which should get me at least $500ish. Then I just add in $750 and buy maybe a new triton LE 76key.

Does this sound good? Anyone have a different suggestion?
Your plan would leave you with the Triton LE and the Motif rack which you already know well, and would allow you to not rip your studio apart every time you have a gig. Sounds well thought out to me.

The AN1x is one of the most overlooked keyboards out there IMHO. You probably will have to take a fraction of what you paid for it (as you have already reconciled yourself to) simply because no one knows about it.

Back