Need advice on new keyboard amp that will serve mikes as well.

asharkis

I'm an amateur accordionist, playing a SEM Ciao reedless accordion. The accordion obviously need an amplifier, but the group I play with sometimes also uses mikes for vocals. I am currently using two Roland CM-30s. Each one outputs 30 watts, has three channels including a mike channel, auxilliary inputs and a stereo link and weighs more than seven pounds. Each one also has developed problems with the internal power connections so that they are not completely reliable. Although they served us well for three years, they are not easy to fix, so I'm looking for a replacement.

My orthopedic problems dictate that the replacement weigh not more than 20-3o pounds, and my budget dictates that the replacement cost no more than $400.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Alan

With that weight limit, you're somewhat limited. I'd suggest a passive PA speaker, a power amp and small mixer.
Audition some speakers at your local music store, I'm not sure what would sound good for an accordian. Maybe something like this Peavy: Peavey PR 12 | Sweetwater.com ? At $180, it leaves you $220 for a small power amp and mixer combo. You might do better looking for a small used PA system in your area that a band is selling because they have moved up in size.

Back