Need advice on computer recording...

RyanEmerson

I'm selling my BOSS BR-1180 CD/RW to buy a decent pa system, but down the road I want to get back into recording, and this time, computer as it seems most reasonable. My question is, what's some of the basic hardware/software you need to make demo quality CDs on, let's say, 24-track recording software. What are some of the good programs out there? What kind of connection units do you need? Would it be better to get, let's say the Tascam pocket studio and then somehow import all the tracks to computer, and mix and master there?

-Thanks.

There are lots of good software packages that can do 24 tracks. Once you have good recorded WAVs, it's not that hard to find software that will mix the result to a CD quality product. The issue is usually getting good recorded tracks to work with.

Things like mics, physical environment, background noise, instrument separation can be much bigger players than the recording gear used. There are lots of both PC and external recording hardware devices that will recorded exactly comes over the wire.

Ed

Audiominds.com ....
I need a macro for this :rolleyes: .....
Read through the site, check out the links, and be sure to stop back by after the first of June ... the site is getting totally revamped. Useful information for anyone getting into computer based recording.

-Ken

Back