Need a y-cable

thirdrate

I need a 1/8" stereo --> 2 1/4" mono.. cable of a decent quality. Hard to find..

ps - for the time being, If I take a 1/8" cable, a 1/4" cable, a knife, scissors and some tape.. cut, slice, and put together, will that sound like trash?

Yeah, I've seen those, but Hosa cables are of questionable quality, according to many on this bbs... but they're ubiquitous, and cheap.

I've found a Monster 1/8" stereo --> dual RCA mono males ,but that isn't exactly what I need, and a five foot cable will cost me $40.

I don't mean to get into the cable quality and brand war, but it is nice to have options..

Make a Y box instead of a Y cable!

thirdrate said:
I need a 1/8" stereo --> 2 1/4" mono.. cable of a decent quality. Hard to find..

ps - for the time being, If I take a 1/8" cable, a 1/4" cable, a knife, scissors and some tape.. cut, slice, and put together, will that sound like trash?

Screw making a "Y" Cable.
Make a "Y" BOX!

Buy the following:

1 - 1/8" Stereo Jack.
2 - 1/4" Mono Jacks.
2 - RCA Jacks.
1 - Experimenter's Box.

You're looking at a $20 Investment at Radio Shack.
Then just Solder the 1/8" jack to the two 1/4" Jacks, and tap the RCA jacks off of the 1/4" Jacks (so that you can go RCA into it if you need to.

Then either buy or MAKE a 1/8" Stereo to 1/8" Stereo Cable...If you make it, you can make it from a Mic Cable and it will be a hell of alot better than most of the ones you'll buy.

Tim

Back