need a new soundcard

Jacksondog

Ok, this may be a dumb question but-

I use an audigy now for gaming and mucking around with my bass. I don't really record (seriously) but rather use the pc as more of a practice tool for playing bass. I plug my bass into my sansamp bass di, then go into the line in on the audigy ls and wallah! I work on the music for Sunday morning worship. I slow things down with my magix studio and am running into a problem. The problem is this.... The soundcard line in jack is imho malfunctioning and mainly picking up the left signal.
I want an additional soundcard for practice with low latency around 100 or 150 bucks. What do you guys recommend???

Thanks
Jacksondog

Jacksondog said:
The problem is this.... The soundcard line in jack is imho malfunctioning and mainly picking up the left signal.
I want an additional soundcard for practice with low latency around 100 or 150 bucks.
Jacksondog

This may not be a malfunction, UNLESS.....Are you using a stereo or mono cable into the soundcard? If you are using a mono cable, which is just a normal guitar cable, then you are only sending a signal to the left channel. Actually, you really only want to record in mono. There is a way in your recording software to set your input to either right channel, left channel, or stereo. You just have yours set to stereo and are only seeing the left channel being recorded because thats the only signal making its way to your soundcard. I would recommend setting your software to record only the left channel, but another option would be to get a 1/4" stereo adapter to go on your guitar cable. Im thinking that would take the one signal comming from your guitar cable and send it to both channels of the soundcard. However, doing this will take up twice as much space on your harddrive so if your space is limited, I wouldnt recommend doing it this way..

hope this helps...
Jeremy

Back