need a bash

onestu3

I haven't posted a song in a while b/c I have been working on an album and I am closing in on finishing the project. This is a song that I wanted some opinions on. My friend keeps telling me to get rid of ezdrummer, but I have nothing else. So if anyone wants to put real drums to any of my stuff let me know. I would be really excited about that. Thanks,
Green Sun Rehab

Second version, changed the vocal but haven't really found a way to make it fuller yet. Still searching I guess, Im going to put more time into after midterms. Thanks for the help.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8843592

Last edited:
I think the drums sound fine. They're not all that exciting, but they don't really detract from anything.

You sound like you're having some issues with the pitch in the verses, especially the low parts. It sounds like you're not particularly confident about the melody.

The piano that comes in around 2:50 is probably too loud initially. It doesn't transition well. I'd suggest bringing the piano in a little quieter and then bringing it up. (It sounds good with the solo at the end).

I like the fuzzy guitar tone. Cool.

Vocals are too loud. Especially the verses. Your doing a very soft song but the vocals are way overpowering. Actually a lot of it is mixed uneven to my ears. The piano is too strong in the second half of the song. Sounds way too loud compared to the guitars. Everythings sounding really dry as well. The piano has no ambiance as well as the vocals. The vocals need work. You need to use a pop filter. I can hear some bad popping in quite a few spots. It's a nice tune but really needs work. Not the best singing in the world. Keep working at it. I know it's tough to sing. It's my weakest area. Is there bass in this? I don't really hear it. Back to the mixing board I would say. Make it fuller!!

Dave

Pretty much what the others have said, but I'd like to add that there's just a bit too much reverb on the snare for my tastes.

Back