need 1/4" to RCA cable - where to buy? (for a Firewire Audiophile)

Jotosuds

So after like six or seven years since starting, I'm finally buying a "real" interface (been using a SbLive!)

So I need 1/4" to RCA cable, two of them actually, to hook up the firewire audiophile to my preamp (audiobuddy)

i'm contemplating this one cuz it's cheap, but it's HOSA which is pretty horrible if i remember correctly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DUAL-1-4-TO-RCA...4QQihZ018QQcategoryZ23783QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

anyways, any places to buy cable for relatively cheap?

RandyW said:
Those look fine to me. Should be able to find them at GC and save on shipping.

GC?

I already bid on those, had some leftover paypal balance so it had to be somewhere that accepted PP.

Thanks people

I used alot of their cables and have not had a single issue. Mine stay pretty much stationary. But I've sqeezed and tugged a few through a door knob sized hole in my computer closet. Still no problems problems and alot of the ones I use are their 8 connector snake cables with probably even thinner diameter wire.
With 3 foot cables I doubt you coud tell the difference between Mogami and Hosa for your application.

Is there an overwhelming reason (other than possibly price; I haven't checked that) to not just get that kind of cable at Radio Shack?

regarding Radio Shack

I bought 3 Stereo RCA cables from them, their best 6 footers. 2 of the 3 were defective. They were nice looking cables but worthless. The only thing I buy from them is contact cleaner and some of the other Deoxit products. IMHO they have nothing else worth purchasing it the entire store, unless you like burning money on Monster cables.

Any local instrument store should have them. Should also be at Radio Shack, Futureshop, Bestbuy, etc. Don't remember which one I bought them from last.

I have been using the Radio Shack 3 foot 1/4in-to-RCA mono cables (black) for years now with no failures... just disappearances. :confused:

Back