nature recording

Hey Tex, I run my MD thru a Behringer Ultramatch to defeat the coding. No problemo. The only "B" piece I have, I take that back . I got a battery mixer of their's too, but I haven't given it a test drive yet.

t_chance said:
Hey Tex, I run my MD thru a Behringer Ultramatch to defeat the coding. No problemo.

Hmm, that's interesting. A friend of mine has a little sony with USB outs and they wont export on the USB, only import. I'll have to try the SPDIF through my Radar or something and see if it works.

Yea , I think I take the signal out of my DECK that has a lightpipe into the ultramatch, then SPDIF coax into my PC. I'm at work now and it's been a while since I looked at the hookup...

t_chance said:
I take the signal out of my DECK that has a lightpipe

I know that sucks. I picked up a used Sony deck(510) at a pawn shop that has the digi-out. I see them all the time. I passed one up last week for 60$.

my current plan is to save up considerably more money and get a good preamp/converter like the Apogee Mini-Me and run the digital out into a Creative Nomad 3. I know, it's a comsumer product, but you can get it with a 40GB hard drive, which would serve my purposes exactly - low noise, high quality preamplification and conversion directly to a portable digital medium.

Back