"Natalie" my original I thought I'd at least try out here, for what it's worth ha!

Winfred

Hi! You can be frank with me if you see any areas that would drive people away as my numbers are so low on YouTube. I thought too I should at least show this to others as the Zen saying is: "Birds don't sing in caves." so I better do something and so nice others have had the patience to listen to me in the past. I also thought I should come out of my closet and longest ever haven't touched my guitar due to my own self-imposed negativity. Really though you can let me know where I need improvement. I play harmonica with this so maybe that gives a little more variety to the listener as not to be as boring. Really though my numbers with YouTube are very low and wonder at times about myself. Thanks for a chance to sing out on the branches here!
Carpe Diem!

PS I forgot to say... if you like it give a thumbs up and a subscribe too as then YouTube puts my music with my channel out to more people. Thanks!

Speaking "Frankly" as asked... Great job Mike!...We are the same age thus in many ways on the same page.
I'll turn 70 on the 19th
You play great and I get the Nick Cave references you mentioned elsewhere.
I did check out of few of your Youtube videos...including the somewhere over the rainbow...damn 30 minutes of meandering on that theme.
You were blessed with a strong musical, lyrical aptitude and you are at a point in life where you can put more time into honing your craft.
That people want you to perform for them is VERY cool.
I encourage you to accept the opportunities that you are able. You have a gift share it when you can.
Get on out there and soften hearts, warm souls and give people a reason to smile within themselves. In these times it's hard to find a reason to.

I'm smiled inside listening to you do your thing.. Keep on keeping on! Thumbs upped and subscribed!

There is a strong Nick Drake influence in this song and I liked how you performed it. Very barebone and very real. I thought the harmonica was a nice touch. However, I felt the song went way too long. It should have ended after the first harmonica part. I started skipping ahead to see if there was any change in the feel that might retain my attention, there wasn't and I didn't listen to the whole song.

Hi! You can be frank with me if you see any areas that would drive people away as my numbers are so low on YouTube. I thought too I should at least show this to others as the Zen saying is: "Birds don't sing in caves." so I better do something and so nice others have had the patience to listen to me in the past. I also thought I should come out of my closet and longest ever haven't touched my guitar due to my own self-imposed negativity. Really though you can let me know where I need improvement. I play harmonica with this so maybe that gives a little more variety to the listener as not to be as boring. Really though my numbers with YouTube are very low and wonder at times about myself. Thanks for a chance to sing out on the branches here!
Carpe Diem!

No intent - but your playing and singing doesn't match what the picture is - you must be young soul at heart - interesting - as @Chili said I'm hearing Drake come through the performance - then the Harmonica - I can't place it - Neil Young?

Nice! I've got an old bandmate who's been putting his original material on YouTube and getting virtually no hits. He's doing all the vocals and guitars and none of it really sounds very well done - poor performances. You've got it together in that regard. Very mellow. The kind of stuff I'd be listening to while getting high in my younger days. I'll go with @Chili on maybe cutting the song down to just after the first harmonica, or shortly after.

No intent - but your playing and singing doesn't match what the picture is - you must be young soul at heart - interesting - as @Chili said I'm hearing Drake come through the performance - then the Harmonica - I can't place it - Neil Young?
Hi Papanate! Thanks for taking the time to listen and your feedback! You mean the picture of a girl skating on a lake doesn't fit my song? It's not by Neil Young as it is my own original song. I decided to play the harmonica for variety in the song.

Nice! I've got an old bandmate who's been putting his original material on YouTube and getting virtually no hits. He's doing all the vocals and guitars and none of it really sounds very well done - poor performances. You've got it together in that regard. Very mellow. The kind of stuff I'd be listening to while getting high in my younger days. I'll go with @Chili on maybe cutting the song down to just after the first harmonica, or shortly after.
Hi Spantini! I know they say the 3 minute rule for song length and wise advice. I did that at first with my covers "Both Sides Now", and "Massachusetts" and my original "Johanna" although a bit over three, and with my 4 minute version of "Tambourine Rain". Like your friend, my numbers are very low too, loosing people's attention. "Over The Rainbow" comes from my solo piano album of the same title. I take it apart, invert the melody, and kind of go on a dream journey with it. I sold 4,000 copies of that and my other solo piano album, Red Sky At Night". One song, "For Jackie" from my RSAN album a very generous person here put very nice photos with it. He really knew what to do with pictures and sound as that gets more hits than my Over The Rainbow, yet my OTR is about I think 9 months newer, but still. I figured out how to take songs off my CD albums and put photos to them but not attacting the hits my friend attracted with the photos he chose. He's very generous and also remastered my songs and put that nice title bar with the bubbles with them. So very nice of him I can hardly believe a wannabe like me and so fortunate!

There is a strong Nick Drake influence in this song and I liked how you performed it. Very barebone and very real. I thought the harmonica was a nice touch. However, I felt the song went way too long. It should have ended after the first harmonica part. I started skipping ahead to see if there was any change in the feel that might retain my attention, there wasn't and I didn't listen to the whole song.
Hi Chili! Very nice of you to take the time and thanks for your encouragement. I played at home all of my life then recently once I moved back to The Cities I played open mics and gradually over time I heard Nick Drake mentioned and counted six times now separate people mentioning him to me. I'd never heard of him. Suddenly one day I finally remembered his name and looked him up and never sound that good but thanks for the compliment! I play in open C with this but open with a lick I first played on banjo ha! With banjo it's open G. It's funny because sometimes I feel like I'm playing my banjo like in my song "Tambourine Rain" I sing, "...and with Bobby at the sail, and Gordy at the helm with one hand, that's one hand wavin' free!" I suddenly at "one hand that's one hand" do a three finger Earl Scruggs kind of backward roll that somehow fits in there and other times like from 8th through 12th frets area I'm doing a forward roll kind of Scruggs style "Hey there Mister Tambourine man..." then back to my four finger style like I learned on guitar when I was a kid. It's funny because for a while years ago I thought, "well we have five fingers why not pick with all five?" Ha! The depressing thing is I used to sound better on guitar than I do now.

Speaking "Frankly" as asked... Great job Mike!...We are the same age thus in many ways on the same page.
I'll turn 70 on the 19th
You play great and I get the Nick Cave references you mentioned elsewhere.
I did check out of few of your Youtube videos...including the somewhere over the rainbow...damn 30 minutes of meandering on that theme.
You were blessed with a strong musical, lyrical aptitude and you are at a point in life where you can put more time into honing your craft.
That people want you to perform for them is VERY cool.
I encourage you to accept the opportunities that you are able. You have a gift share it when you can.
Get on out there and soften hearts, warm souls and give people a reason to smile within themselves. In these times it's hard to find a reason to.

I'm smiled inside listening to you do your thing.. Keep on keeping on! Thumbs upped and subscribed!
Wow Tomco! You even came here too plus the likes and subscribe at YouTube, thanks! That's a real compliment as you really know public performance on a pro level playing around LA and a lot of areas! Your rendition of "California Dreamin'" I mean you have your own style, your own fingerprint! I could tell you played pro level and you've got better things to do than listen to wannabe me ha! You might be thinking of someone else about Nick Cave. I've never heard of him. I'll have to look him up and see his technique of playing too. I played at home all of my life until I moved to The Cities and started going to open mics not to play but to listen. After a couple years of that I got brave and started to play and was shocked people were liking my music! I have poor numbers on YouTube after 1.5 years and it's my test to see if I catch on or not, part of my Bucket List. I got so down and out I didn't touch my guitar for 10 weeks! I just started playing again yesterday and today and was shocked as it's almost as though I hadn't missed but a week or so, not 10 weeks! Maybe it's some dexterity from playing guitar, banjo, piano, autoharp and tin whistle where you're using your fingers rapidly... must have something to do with it, hearing the notes and moving your fingers in a way that brings out the notes you're relating to in my mind and expressing out in hopefully a connected way, something like that. My guitar instructor when I was 11 yrs old didn't like strumming so I learned finger picking patterns from the start. It is depressing because I used to sound better years ago and my voice was clearer but again always played at home, didn't believe in myself.

Wow Tomco! You even came here too plus the likes and subscribe at YouTube, thanks! That's a real compliment as you really know public performance on a pro level playing around LA and a lot of areas! Your rendition of "California Dreamin'" I mean you have your own style, your own fingerprint! I could tell you played pro level and you've got better things to do than listen to wannabe me ha! You might be thinking of someone else about Nick Cave. I've never heard of him. I'll have to look him up and see his technique of playing too. I played at home all of my life until I moved to The Cities and started going to open mics not to play but to listen. After a couple years of that I got brave and started to play and was shocked people were liking my music! I have poor numbers on YouTube after 1.5 years and it's my test to see if I catch on or not, part of my Bucket List. I got so down and out I didn't touch my guitar for 10 weeks! I just started playing again yesterday and today and was shocked as it's almost as though I hadn't missed but a week or so, not 10 weeks! Maybe it's some dexterity from playing guitar, banjo, piano, autoharp and tin whistle where you're using your fingers rapidly... must have something to do with it, hearing the notes and moving your fingers in a way that brings out the notes you're relating to in my mind and expressing out in hopefully a connected way, something like that. My guitar instructor when I was 11 yrs old didn't like strumming so I learned finger picking patterns from the start. It is depressing because I used to sound better years ago and my voice was clearer but again always played at home, didn't believe in myself.
Hi Mike I actually first saw you here via this thread which led me to your youtube channel.

I saw Chili's post and he's right you do sound a lot more like Nick Drake than Nick Cave. Both cool performers in their own right.

I started playing keys at 16 and it was by ear and it was rock. I'd just play in front of friends, then parties where there was a piano. It was fun to throw it out there even though it was rough n raw. The rest is misery :P

You mentioned taking 10 weeks off.....Yes playing an instrument is like riding a bike kind of sort of.

As I mentioned you have a musical spirit that can't be learned or taught. You have it or you don't.

For us that are connected playing produces endorphins that are akin to "getting high". I am an addict in this respect and have no shame. In of itself it is awesome...having a few people sitting around digging what you are doing takes it to another level, a few hundred even better, thousands oh hell yeah!

Take the ego out of it and just the magical energy that occurs when the stars are aligned Money baby!

So I just signed up for chatgtp and I asked it to write a story about how being musically gifted is not something to be pompous about but rather how important it is for those of us that have the gift to use, develop and share it with others...Craziness here's the story it wrote...

Once upon a time in a small, picturesque town, there lived a young boy named Oliver who possessed an extraordinary gift. From a very tender age, he exhibited an unparalleled talent for music. His fingers danced effortlessly on the piano keys, his voice could move the hearts of anyone who heard it, and his compositions were nothing short of magical. People from neighboring towns came to witness his performances, and soon, Oliver became the talk of the region.

As the years went by, Oliver's musical prowess only grew stronger. He could have easily let his talent inflate his ego and become a source of pride. However, he was raised by wise and humble parents who taught him a valuable lesson about his gift: "Talent is a privilege, not an entitlement."

Oliver took these words to heart. Instead of basking in the adoration and attention he received, he dedicated himself to honing his skills. He knew that being musically gifted was not about boasting or being pompous but rather about using it to bring joy and inspiration to others.

One summer, a traveling circus visited Oliver's town. Among the performers was a young girl named Lily. She had a passion for the violin but had never received any formal training. Lily's dream was to become a musician, and she had heard about Oliver's talent.

One evening, as the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm glow over the town square, Oliver approached Lily and offered to teach her the violin. He saw the spark in her eyes and recognized the same love for music that had driven him since childhood.

For months, Oliver patiently guided Lily, sharing his knowledge and nurturing her talent. He helped her discover her unique musical voice, just as he had found his own. The town watched in awe as the young girl transformed from a novice to a skilled violinist under Oliver's tutelage.

When the next summer came around, the traveling circus returned to town. This time, Lily was not just a spectator; she was a featured performer. Her mesmerizing violin melodies enchanted the audience, filling their hearts with joy and leaving them in awe of her talent.

Oliver stood in the crowd, beaming with pride, not for himself, but for the young girl he had helped nurture into a remarkable musician. He had understood that the true essence of being musically gifted was not in the notes one could play or the applause one could receive, but in the ability to inspire, uplift, and share the beauty of music with others.

From that day forward, Oliver continued to use his gift not as a source of pride, but as a means to bring harmony and happiness into the lives of those around him. He knew that sharing his talent and helping others discover their own was the most precious melody he could ever create. And so, in his humble town, the importance of humility and the power of sharing one's gifts became a timeless lesson for all to learn.

A regenerated one...

Once upon a time in a small town nestled among rolling hills, there lived a young boy named Ethan. Ethan was born with a remarkable gift - an extraordinary musical talent that set him apart from his peers. From an early age, he could effortlessly play the piano, strum the guitar, and sing with a voice that seemed to touch the very soul of those who heard it.

As Ethan grew older, his gift continued to blossom. He won local talent shows, received scholarships to prestigious music schools, and even garnered the attention of record labels. Soon, he was performing in grand concert halls, and his music was broadcast on radios all over the country. Fame and fortune seemed to be at his fingertips, and Ethan began to bask in the adoration of his fans and the praise of critics.

However, as the years passed, something started to gnaw at Ethan's soul. He realized that while he had achieved tremendous success, he had lost sight of why he fell in love with music in the first place. It wasn't about the applause or the glittering lights; it was about the joy he felt when he created and shared music with others.

One day, while visiting his hometown, Ethan decided to stop by the local community center. He noticed a group of children, huddled around a battered piano, their eyes filled with wonder as they struggled to play a simple tune. It was a poignant moment of realization for him. He remembered the joy he had felt when he first discovered music, and he understood that his gift was meant to be shared, nurtured, and passed on.

Ethan decided to devote his time to teaching music to the children at the community center. He patiently coached them, encouraging them to explore their own musical potential. He saw the same spark of passion in their eyes that had once burned in his own, and it filled him with a sense of purpose he had never felt before.

As the years went by, Ethan's students grew into talented musicians in their own right, and the community center became a hub of creativity and inspiration. Ethan's fame had dimmed in the larger world, but his heart was filled with a sense of fulfillment and happiness that fame could never provide.

Ethan had learned that being musically gifted was not about ego or pompousness. It was about connecting with others, nurturing talent, and spreading the joy of music. His journey had come full circle, and in the process, he had discovered the true meaning of his gift – to inspire, to teach, and to share the beauty of music with the world, one soul at a time.

Hi Papanate! Thanks for taking the time to listen and your feedback! You mean the picture of a girl skating on a lake doesn't fit my song? It's not by Neil Young as it is my own original song. I decided to play the harmonica for variety in the song.
I didn't mean a Sample Harmonica - I meant influenced by him - there is something tickling my ear about the part - but I can't place it.

A regenerated one...

Once upon a time in a small town nestled among rolling hills, there lived a young boy named Ethan. Ethan was born with a remarkable gift - an extraordinary musical talent that set him apart from his peers. From an early age, he could effortlessly play the piano, strum the guitar, and sing with a voice that seemed to touch the very soul of those who heard it.
HAD TO TAKE OUT MOST AS I WAS OVER 10,000 CHARACTERS SO THIS WOULD FIT PLEASE SEE TOMCO'S MESSAGE ABOVE!
Hi Tomco!

It's funny I didn't come back here and it seems for 10 days. In a way it was something subconscious, like I was going to be paid to play on 9-7-23 at a fairly popular coffeehouse and hosted by a successful musician who was very complimentary of my music in the past. He has a second album coming out soon and very talented. It was going to be $20 straight pay for 45 minutes and split tips with another guy who is really known, not like me. I went to his album release at a very nice local micro brewery and it was packed with his fans! I could barely get enough of a moment to shake his hand and found a chair in a far-off corner. He's like you, one who really in his soul wants to share his music. I like the Zen saying, "Birds don't sing in caves." and you and this troubadour in your league are like that! I couldn't play because I thought I was going to go on my Bucket List mini-journey to relatives in Duluth and to my hometown 80 mile NW of Duluth on my bicycle so I canceled.

I really want to go somewhere as in my 14 years in public housing I have once in my 14 years here gone out of Minneapolis/St. Paul once to an art show my now since 2019 late brother had in 2013. Well I don't count two trips for rallying around two loved ones who had cancer, including my brother, in their last days. I don't count those as they weren't leisure trips and had to bum rides to do it. So now my 1998 mountain bike I have a front rack and happened to have a strong rear rack. I've been making pemmican ahead of myself and half starved a month and a half to get a 4 season tent. It turns out I still need a couple of things and bad tire holding me down plus I found out my rain parka is no longer waterproof... $84 to my name until Oct 1st... so I'm still here.

With that performance that never happened it was funny as something subconscious happens I can't explain. It's like why I wasn't coming back to my thread as actually I felt like I was about to go onto a big stage again with this thead ha! Really it turns out it seems no on else came back ha! So this hos was very kind and really wanted me to play on 9-7-23 and I really need the money. This is how nice he is! He even emailed:
Hi Mike -

Sorry for delayed response. I’m hoping you will reconsider and can give this a go on 9/7 if your schedule and circumstances allow! I hope everything is resolved w your bike. Did you get your trip scheduled?

$20 is from the establishment plus tips. I am happy to up it to $30 though (I usually take $10, but will pass this time). They pay the host $50 to manage the show however they see fit.

I am happy to provide transportation on 9/7 if your bike isn’t in fighting shape - I can drive to and or fro or could pop your bike in the back of my truck and bring you home if you’d choose to pedal/bike-n-ride there.

I’m also happy to loan you my second nylon string w a pickup for the performance if you like so it’s easy to amplify you and you can focus on playing. You could take it any day if you’d like to get used to it.

This is selfish of me(!) - I miss your music and would love to hear 40 minutes of your performance and I know lots of other folks (incl. Dr. Dave) feel exactly the same way!

Let me know if you can be persuaded!
I hope all’s well
🙏

That was August 11th so I wasn't canceling just before and doing the best I could. So September 7th came around and I was still here and I still am ha! I could mention the set-backs but this is already too long and understand if you haven't read this far. So like coming back here I subconsciously have to admit I was dwelling too much on how I was going to sound, how some people, in fact a lot of people... seem to avoid me who would be there etc. You did the right thing and didn't sing in a cave, you sang to your friends and knew your direction and your artistry grew! I sang to the walls in my room and sometimes when I started playing banjo I'd jam with my sister. Years later in my mid thirties I returned to take care of my mother. My father lived 4 miles away and I do things for him too.

Four of my five sisters all independently said I should record after they'd hear me playing piano. I bought a double deck cassette player and recorder and made a 90 minute tape I titled "Red Sky At Night". I sold I think it was 26 copies and some from people who heard my tape and wanted it, people I didn't even know, so I thought that was a "sign". I hired two weight lifters from the local Y for $50 each to move the small spinnet piano into an upstairs room and took a big leap. I got a small digitizer, two mics with stands and cables and started recording via my computer and could burn CD's.

I took another big leap and made a 60 minute and a 70 minute solo piano albums. I never toured and sold 4,000 copies that sold out in 2007. Since I started making them off the manufactured original CD's. My manufacturer said there would t no degradation in sound quality. I had an unusual opportunity to play them on a $15,000 stereo at very high volume and like on small CD players I was amazed at the quiet "sound floor" like recording people say. Wow this is long and I better stop! Sometimes I'd play piano and realize out the east window of the old farm house the sun was rising ha! I'd realize I'd played all night and could not account for the time! What is that? I've never heard of that. It's like I really didn't know what happened, some kind of trance ha!

Sorry this is so long! I get too verbose! I wonder though at this point in my life and where my music could go, music never sung from the treetops like you have done. I did have a "concert" and money went to Hurricane Katrina/Red Cross because a student from my hometown community college had bought my CD and faculty and student government students listened and asked me to play for Hurricane Katrina relief. I was very nervous but raised $226 more than I could have ever given. The director of the Judy Garland museum asked me to play for the annual festival, not a major "act" but just in her living room for people milling through the museum as Judy was from my hometown. I ended up playing for seven festivals but just as background.

I played for tourists and would answer questions about Judy and Wizard of Oz too. I could play any time I wanted on the very nice Lester grand piano whenever I wanted. I wasn't paid but could sell my CD's. I wasn't a huge success and very nervous but got over it some. Then some entertainment company people heard me and I played for the opening dinner for organizers and vendors for the world's largest Wizard of Oz Festival in Indiana. I'm bragging, but 300 people(about) were at that dinner and I was horribly nerous, so much so it wasn't enjoyable, but all were happy and wanted me back the next year but a different entertainment company took over and it didn't happen. My music was the soundtrack to their 25th anniversary DVD which was an honor but it never led to any "record deals" ha! Wow! I'm saying all of this as I wanted to say I mainly stayed at home and played yet now want to try my music out on YouTube to see if the people like it and actually only a fraction does. I better stop as my head is bobbing ha! I'll come back and need to turn in now. Thanks so much for sharing those stories, and about yourself! Also thanks for your support on YouTube too! More later!

Carpe Diem!

Hey Mike Hope all is well I could tell you are a soulful cat that loves playing. The story of playing the piano for hours on end and losing track of time is one I know too well...My wife refers to it as "getting lost". I more akin to it as finding my way home. With all the day to day things that need to get done and on her side she definitely gets a lot of stuff done, she resents the fact that I "waste" all that precious time playing n singing out in my back room.

One Saturday I went out there @ 10 AM and started playing....My room has no windows so I have no idea what is going on outside. I was just having the most wonderful time jamming away ...for some reason that day she decided to just leave me alone and not come out and stop me to get busy... So I thought I'd been in there about 4 maybe 5 hours but when I got up to go outside it was night time... :eek: It was almost 7 PM ..Oh Shit I'm in trouble :ROFLMAO: Amazing all that time in there never got up to pee, drink or eat...just played to my hearts content...weird but very cool. I'm addicted to the endorphins that playing music creates like a junkie to heroin.

So yeah playing in front of people that get some sort of pleasure from it is way cool and fun. It feels good to have people tell you you moved them.
I don't have a ton of recordings and have never sold a cd or a song.... Luckily I've got to play in some great bands to both small and huge crowds and got to see them go crazy for what we served up...or in some cases not so much.... I also have no problem just sitting down at a piano anywhere and starte tinkling the ivories.

My solo journey started when I was about 18 or so with me playing piano at parties we used to have at someones house when their parents were gone...In LA it might be 20 people or 100's of people...ya never knew. I was still a pup learning how to play the blues but I kicked some piano butt for a novice and I'd get to wow some people. One of those people came to me and told me that there was this band looking for a keyboard player and off I went...

Over the last 20 years my career path changed from a local tile setter / contactor to a sales guy and I got to travel a lot around the U.S., Europe and Asia. I have probably played piano in at least 50 Hotel lobbies, sat in at several club and had some very cool experiences meeting a lot of cool people. I spent a lot of time in Czech and got some very encouraging compliments when I got play in some of these cool clubs. I have had people come up and ask if I have a CD or where they can find my music...That is kind of sweet. All over China, Korea, Vietnam always a hoot. So I'm happy that I got to do what I got to do and will keep on doing it as long as I can...When I sold my van and bought all my gear back in 1974 my goal was to get signed to a record deal, become a millionaire and travel the world in a kick ass rock band with new friends and chicks to hang and party with in every town... Never got out of LA and maybe with all the gigs I've played and actually got paid for overall I'm probably 20 g's in the hole.. Best money I ever wasted. :thumbs up:

Hope you get yer butt out there and play for some folks...don't let the fear stop you...You're a bird and birds are put on this planet to sing. The gifts you were given were given for you to share...share em when you can man. I know I'm gonna.

Hi Tomco!
Very nice of you to share and take the time with me! I like your experiences and how it's more like the pleasure homones I didn't think of, the dopemine, seritonin I think some are called. Maybe I was feeling stressful and the release brought about a dopemine response and I lost track of time. Now that I think of it, I never left the piano bench for the bathroom or anything, just saw in the east windows dawn coming through the leafless northwoods forest that surrounded us. There were pines too and really loved it when there was either a very light snow or a hoarfrost in the high tops of the pines when a breeze would come and the glistening snow or frost fell like drops of light sun through the shafts of sunlight, or if there was a blizzard and a lot of snow trapped in the high pines and a gust of wind cause domino effect or kind of weightless avalanche and a times a temporary whiteout. I miss the north country and my mother at times. I digressed as that was a nice dream to allude to. I didn't touch my guitar for 10 weeks, but I think I already said that. I've played some yet find myself shy of myself ha! and step back. That loss of time and liking my own positive hormones happens with guitar too and has happened a couple of times recently since I started to approach my guitar again.

Suddenly I thought I'd record a song before I leave on my bike/camp journey to the north country. It's getting colder now so to sit out and absorb Lake Superior leaves another element, staying warm ha! Really my actual main motive is to see my sister who just had a knee replacement. She doesn't want me in the house not having had the vaxx as she has an auto-immune disease and my neices are immuno-sensitive too. I'll have to wave from her front yard to her big picture windows to Lake Superior to see her and speak to her and my three nieces through my smart phone. They don't know I'm coming but I have an urgency to do that. I don't own a car and gradually go things like a good 4 season tent I'll use on the edge of Duluth, A place where I used to car camp away from anyone but on the fringes of the city and at least on commercial property so won't bother anyone that way.

Since she doesn't need me to help around the house I decided to skip the CoVid vaccine this time around. I have the "vaxx" 3 times and got Covid 4 times ha! The first time I had CoVid was in November 2020 and before the vaxx even existed and I didn't get as sick than as I did one of the times after I had the vaxx ha! I feel like I better record one more song before I hit the road and post it on YouTube. I should have gone in August but one hurdle after the other came along. With my song Natalie and thanks to all here I can see more lucidly now how listeners are feeling the 3 minute average is best per song. They are exactly right and I was thinking of that when either I was doing a cover or an original until a guy who likes my music said play a song to the length it feels and forget length rules, and so my songs gravitated to where they are now. I hope you get some creative inspirations. That's great how you traveled the world and played in so many lobbies! They were lucky to have you! I was in a hotel lobby in Dublin that had a very nice grand piano that just sat seeming from another era. I played a few times while staying there and noticed people sitting down and listening. I got nervous but experienced only a fraction of what you have. It's and act of giving and it is nice to see others effected positively, the feeling of bringing them happiness, an experience unlike all the years I only played at home, so a rare moment. That was in July 2006 not long after my mother transcended and a nice high. I sold one of my solo piano albums to the hotel owner and heard that 3 weeks later they kept playing it continuously in the restaurant/bar and lounge where they had a very nice stereo system.

What kind of sales did you do traveling so amazingly? I think of you like in the hotel lounge scenes I've seen in movies. When I played in a few night spots while selling my piano music across many of the Western states I only did in very small places. I had quite an experience doing that at this French restaurant in Durango, CO but only played for tips and on what the bar manager said was their slow nights when no one usually played. I really began to wonder what "slow" meant to them because the two nights I played, the slow nights, the place got packed and servers really thanking me ha! I'm bragging and only made "piano noise". It was funny as I could overhear a lady speaking on a very personal level with another lady about her life and started playing like a kind of soundtrack to her story ha! My piano has been with relatives since 2009 and can't afford to move it. Even if I did the high-rise I live in has very thin walls, so thin this one former neighbor who moved on into the the greater design of things, when he sneezed I could easily hear him! The lady now living next door is very hard of hearing and doesn't even hear my acoustic not amplified guitar that I bet makes its way easily through the walls. The floors are all poured concrete so vertically I'm okay ha! THANKS TO YOU AND TO ALL HERE!!

Top of the Evening!
Winfred

I like it. Playing is very strong, vocals work great with it and the harp adds some icing on top.
Don’t fret the low Youtube numbers. That takes a while to build up.

Back