Narrowed down the interface,mics and help me buy one please?

melody1024

Hello every one
I started a studio for live concert recording in China, sometimes for Chinese music, sometimes for symphony, and I have some problem of choosing my equipment.
Of course I'm Chinese and my English sucks, hope you people can understand what I am talking about:D
I need 4 or more mic input for symphony, 24bit/96kHz or higher, under 1000 USD for an interface
I have a laptop with out a 1394 but I have 1394adopter trough Express cards, I've heard link interface through 1394 Express adapter can be unstable for live recording, is that true?
I'm using sonar 8
These are some interface I picked:
Roland OCTA-CAPTURE
MOTU 8Pre
Tascam US2000
Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 or 40
M-Audio Profire 2626
Digidesign 003 Rack +

I prefer Roland OCTA-CAPTURE, any suggestion?

And About the Microphones,
A pair of Rode NT5 for XY Recording
A pair of Rode M3 for solo instrument
A Rode NT2000 for Double Basses or sometimes in studio for vocal

Any suggestion?

One angle is do you want USB or Firewire.

If you prefer the Roland then I assume your liking the USB world, and the ROLAND is at 10IN/10OUT. That takes out the Saffires.

My little HR experience with Roland, is the gear was "programmable ecstasy" and enjoyed a user who was skilled at programming and making use of all the embedded options.
Roland probably has a zillion programmable cool functions in the OCTA, no doubt. The AutoSense Preamp adjustment is different?

Is this why you lean to ROLAND, you like all the programmable options?
Its bundled with SONAR so thats a plus for you.

I like the Tascam stuff really well and would go with the 2000 but thats because I dont enjoy the programming, I want a near-Analog I/O as can be, which the Tascam is really great at. Its USB and a couple hundred cheaper, but its a complete opposite of the Roland and its massive programming options.

If you like editing and saving setups and automated DAW stuff, sounds like the Roland is your best bet.

there's my 2 fen....

What ..... MXL microphones aren't good enough for you?

什么 ..... MXL 麦克风为你不是足够好的?

Back