NAMM Releases

JDOD

therecordingrebels.com
Seen anything cool that you really fancy coming out of NAMM?

I've seen an actual analogue tape delay which is pretty cool - although probably completely impractical!

Victory (you know I love Victory Amps) have just released a Plexi style amp called The Sheriff which comes as a 22W or 44W.

Orange have also canned the Tiny Terror which is bit odd but they're doing a cool end of the line model.

The Fender limited edition US standard tele with one piece rosewood neck has my attention. Can't say I'm struck on the truss rod adj wheel on the Elite range though, those who have used it on other guitars seem to like it, just looks wrong having a cut out in the upper most end of the fret board to me.

The Fender limited edition US standard tele with one piece rosewood neck has my attention. Can't say I'm struck on the truss rod adj wheel on the Elite range though, those who have used it on other guitars seem to like it, just looks wrong having a cut out in the upper most end of the fret board to me.
Might look shit but it does have a practical use if you're into adjusting your truss rod... I'm not.

Can't say I'm struck on the truss rod adj wheel on the Elite range though, those who have used it on other guitars seem to like it, just looks wrong having a cut out in the upper most end of the fret board to me.
It looks a little odd but, if the adjustment point is not accessible at the headstock end of the neck, I'd rather be able to make my adjustments with that eyesore than have to remove the pickguard or neck completely to make any adjustments. Those elite guitars look pretty nice outside of that though - not sure they're worth the pricetag though.

There was something from NAMM I saw on youtube yesterday that looked interesting; it was an all-aluminum guitar but the designs were skeletonized. There was an exlporer type body that was all but a frame, pickups and neck. Wrote down the info somewhere but haven't looked them up yet to see what the damage to the wallet would be.

Back