name of this instrument?

holmes_mt

I want to make music by some loop sound, and I seek it on internet. but I don't know the name of this instrument in Enlish, so I draw it here. can someone tell me name of it.
nc.jpg

ya treeworks makes some good chimes. We have em on display at sam ash, they sound kickass, and they can mount to a cymbal stand or other adapter.

Thanks,
Yes, it is. I do not know English well, so it's difficult to fine one word like that.
Is there any software can make sound of it? like Guitar pro 5 can make real guitar sound : )
what's treework?

Yea, those are chimes or wind chimes. In concert band, they're called windchimes and the huge things that sound like church bells are called chimes.

Treeworks is the name of a company that makes chimes - they produce several different types of chimes.

I have not tried every sample available, but I've heard many and I've never heard any that were realistic enough. Because of the long, varied delays and various "harmonics" of the different sized bars, an accurate sample of chimes would be difficult if not impossible.

Chimes are not overly expensive you can find sets anywhere from $40 to maybe $200.

You can make your own chimes buy getting long, thin bars of steel, brass or other metals and cutting them to different sizes. Naturally you must drill holes for mounting, etc and on a whole it's a fair amount of work. Candidly, for the rather inexpensive cost of store bought, making chimes is just too much time and effort.

Back