Nail Trails - Finnish Rock/Metal

Excellent by the way.
Drums sound too good to be recorded although I could be wrong.
Very loud master. Did you master that yourself?
Love the loud guitars. :)
I wanna hear more of your mixes.
Not often I hear a mix of this quality here.

Nice sounds. Guitar is way cool. It's very loud. I'd like to hear the vocals better as the voice sounds good, but is drowned out somewhat by the cymbal. Other than that, good tune.
Ed

Wow! Nice job!

This band is very good. Must be fun to record. I must agree with ecktronic in saying the drums sound a bit too good to be real. Are they fully triggered except for the overheads? The toms during the fills are the only thing that stand out that badly. I'm not hearing much bass in this mix. It kinda works with that though more low end would really pull out the fullness of the mix. I think the vocals sound great!!!

Keep it up, this is a great band and you seem like you really know what you are doing.

Ben

Thank you all for your comments! Here's some info:

- Snare is about 80 % sample 20 % real. The recorded snare didn't fit in the mix so I had to replace it.
- Bassdrum has about 50 % of the mic sound.
- Toms are 100 % real.
- Yes, I did "master" this myself. It's basically just a volume boost.

The low end is always hard to get right. The bass guitar didn't have that low end fullness so it's kind of hard to bring it in the mix :)

Cool. Like the idea of mixing real drums with samples. :)
The toms are a little loose or a little too resonant in my opinion. What I do in this situation is use a gate very carefully to cut off some of the resonance and then add reverb to try and get a smooth beleivable sound. It can and does work.
The guitars and bass are very tight mix wise which I like which gives the sense of really heavy guitars. Reminds me of Defontes in a way that the guitars and bass are joined so tightly.
Eck please post more.

Back