Nady TCM1050 Tube Mic

Does all this Nady branded gear make anyone else nervous?

I mean...they are famous for cheap wireless units. So....therefore they are qualified to make mics and preamps and PA and EQ and...

T

Like a dozen other companies, they are using Chinese manufactured parts. Their quality control is probably not a whole lot different from most of the other options out there.

well I just bought the 1050 yesterday and after a quick 15 minute run(I had to run out) it was heads and tails above the dynamic mic I was using.

I unfortunately haven't had another condenser mic to compare to, but tonight I will record vocals over a track and post it for you guys to judge

i have heard that the nady and marshall mics are made by the same company in china.

there are 3 or 4 big companies that make all the chinese mics.

if you look at someof the nadys and marshalls they are the exact same shape.

You get what you pay for, generally. The Nady mics work, but they aren't the best in their price range. I have 2 scm900's that work OK, but I'm told I got lucky on getting a pair that sounds close enough to use in stereo.

They are stock Chinese mics packaged for Nady. (shrug) They are nothing special at all. I like my SP C-1's much better. I'd never ues the Nady's for vocals, either- not with the other mics I have around. I dunno- I try them for other people's voices but they don't like mine at all.

YMMV, but the Nady mics (and all the stock Chinesem mics) are a step UP from Radio Shack, but still the bottom of the barrel.

Take care,
Chris

I have then same stuff , 2 scm900s, and a C1, amoung a locker of other mics.

I thought I would chime in and reccomend the Studio Prodjects TB1 for right arround the same price, I ve heard comparisons to the AKG C12 with this one.

so far there is only one mic i know of like the nady that sound good, the Pacific pro audio ld2ube.... i have a friend that has a apex 450, he said he's gonna take them apart and see if anything is different, b/c he thinks its the same mic, but its only $300 and i guess sounds great...

darrin_h2000 said:
I thought I would chime in and reccomend the Studio Prodjects TB1 for right arround the same price, I ve heard comparisons to the AKG C12 with this one.

Could you elaborate? Are you saying you've compared them and to you, they sound alike???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I haven't heard that Nady mic but I do have some other Nady mics and while they aren't terrible for the money they aren't that good either.I have the TB-1 that I paid $279 for and I really like this mic.The thing is too in terms of customer service you can't beat the way Alan Hyatt stands behind his lines of mics.Unfortunately Alan was hounded off this forum but I'm sure that he can be found at other forums.I had a question about using phantom power with this mic as my two channel preamp only has a global phantom power switch and I wanted to run an AT 3525 out of the other channel.I e-mailed Alan and not only did he answer me the same day but he told me to go ahead and make music,if the mic broke he would fix or replace it free of charge.He also personally called 8th st and made sure that I recieved one of the first shipment of TB-1s as they were underordered.Alan's the MAN in my book.

No, but Reviewers from magazines have said that.

I wish I had a C12 on hand to do that with. I do have a C1 and It is a great mic.

Which reviewers? Do you have any links? If there were anything out there for $300 that even approached a C-12 sound, I need it... NOW!!!!!!!!

Back