Nady Starpower 9's??? (quit laughing)

Cobra67

I'm just now attempting to get into recording some stuff. I'm obviously taking the cheapy route (hey I have bills to pay!) I just bought a Tascam 424 the other day. I needed some mics so I came across a deal on Musician's Friend site for Nady Starpwer 9's for $9.99 each. I bought 6 for recording. (all tracks simultanously). One for vocs, one each in front of the two guitar amps and bass amp, and two for the overall drumkit. Now they say that this mic is recommended for acoustic guitar, woodwind, etc.. Well we're playing heavy metal. Is this going to work or am I just f**ked?? Oh well I only wasted $60 beans for all 6 mics. :(

Hey Cobra67-

You tell us - how do they work.

I have never known of anything, manufactured by the east bay's favorite son, that actually worked. If nothing else, maybe you can paint 'em red then string 'em together with xmas lights and hang em on your front door once a year as a conversation piece/wreath.

For 9.99 each how much quality do you really think you can get out these mics? Never used them or heard any music recorded with them,but they can't be as bad as a Radio Whack mic! Or are they?

Back