Nady Starpower 1

justinchannell

I'm going to be getting a 4-track pretty soon and I was wondering whether the Nady Starpower 1 (which is only $9.99 in Musicians Friend) is a decent choice for starting out on recording. Adding in a cable, stand, and XLR to 1/4" stereo converter is going to cost a lot, especially since I'm a 15 year old with no personal income, so that's why I'm looking for something in the inexpensive and decent range. :)

to be honest thats exactly what i started with. It depends on what your recording and how important the recordings are.

whats your budget for a mic?

under $50 i would get the pg58 or pg57 with those you also get a mic clip, a stand adapter, and a cable (that can be either xlr to xlr or xlr to 1/4) and that would cut down all your costs but the stand.

Well, my budget is pretty limited. The recordings are going to be mostly a learning experience. The few reviews I've seen of the SP1 were really positive and for about $42 (with the stand and cable package and adding an impedance converter), it seems like quite a deal.

Also, I do believe that the SP1 comes with a mic clip.

You've got to do with what you can get. You may want to look at a mic for the total of what you can spend and see if any of the retailers offer a free stand or cable with it.

If you find a deal like that and still need a line matcher send me a private message and I'll mail you one for free.

Don't worry I am not a fag or some shit. I just happen to have way more of them than I will ever use. I got them for free years ago so one good turn. Well you know.

f.S.

PS if you use it and get famous I want my cutt.

Back