N-Track is annoying me, what next?

tvanveen

I've been using n-track for a year, and it's been fine. A little unstable at times, sometimes some unexpected weirdness happends, but no biggie until recently.

Lately I've been having a lot of trouble selecting with my mouse, which has been a big problem. There have been some other minor annoyances too.

So, I'm thinking about switching to something else, but there sem to be like 10 or 15 things to choose from and I'm not sure where to start.

Here's how I work -

- set up 8 mics, record my band dry into a vf160
- dump the wav files to my pc
- mix and master in n-track. Basically just use a plug or 2 per track, fade in/out, a bit of mastering compression and that's it. Real simple, no midi, tempo shifts or any fancy stuff.

So, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom

Cakewalk Home Studio 2 if you're on a budget. Pretty much the same thing as Sonar 2.2.

Home Studio 3 should be out soon and I think it may finally get the newer Sonar 3 UI.

Is this been gradually building problems, or have you seen these problems since the beginning? Are other programs experiencing instability?

Maybe Windows wants to be reinstalled?

It would occasionally do this sort of stuff before, but now it does it constantly. I have upgraded N-track a few times since I've had.

maybe I should reinstall n-track?

tvanveen. try powertracks that i use from pgmusic.com.
ive used ntrack. talk to users on the pg forums , if you dont believe me.
powertracks is legendary for running rock solid. and has many features ntracks does not. particularly in the midi area. and other features like a built in drum machine. be open minded. talk to users like myself on the pg forum and youll be very surprised. also powertracks has a slew of fx built in that ntrack does not as well as other neat features like creating vocal harmonies from vocal tracks. peace.

Back