Myspace giving out platinum plaques?

2001n4ever

I am not sure if it is real but if anyone knows Ya Boy from Black Wall Street he has a platinum plaque on his myspace profile. Once again, dont know if its real but the idea is cool......

What does you guys think of myspace actually recognizing those with over 1 million plays or downloads with a HTML plaque that can be embeded on a profile?

I think it's gay. I crossed a million plays on soundclick a grip ago... I almost lost my soundclick page because my Toy Soldiers remix had over 25K downloads in 2 days...

Guess what? I'm broke, and no one really knows who I am in the industry.

A mil on plays is cool, but it don't mean jack.

well.........I was referring to myspace (not soundclick).......more people (who dont do music) join myspace so its different.
Wow u had all those downloads.....and still no one knows you?!....something must be wrong...

2001n4ever said:
well.........I was referring to myspace (not soundclick).......more people (who dont do music) join myspace so its different.
Wow u had all those downloads.....and still no one knows you?!....something must be wrong...
I'm talking in the grand scheme of this industry, no one knows me. My last album (see signature) has sold a couple thousand copies via soundscan, and I've moved many more out the trunk.... Matter of fact, iTunes just paid me 2 weeks ago for my 1300th album download...

Do I have fans? Yeah, a few thousand. People actually come to my shows, and people always check my sites for new DL's.

But in the eyes of this industry, I'm still considered a nobody.

u mean the industry as in mainstream (50 Cent, Nas DMX), underground (Messy Marv, Keak Da Sneak, Royce Da 5'9), indie (E-40, Mac Dre, Meko) or alltogether?

Change,

Just fuck 'em. Follow your heart and remember what Mos said in the Rape Over.

I have something that might come in handy tho' - I'll PM you.

-Deen

Lil Jon is indie
Mike Jones & Swisha House are indie
E-40 is indie

Messy Marv is underground
The Regime is underground
I-Rocc is underground

now u know the difference?

underground usually refers to unsigned. indie usually reffers to independent record label & independent distribution.

mentalattica said:
underground usually refers to unsigned. indie usually reffers to independent record label & independent distribution.

Good explanation ment.................

2001.....I hope you wasn't serious!

You could have answered that better, some people are here to learn.

ive always just figured that indie = underground...

but then yeah youre right folks that have independent labels have mainstream success...

Back