My US-122 Just Doesn't Like My Mac and is the Devil

myurbanodyssey

The communication between my Powerbook and the 122 has always been hit or miss. I couldn't get the thing to work in Cubase, so I started using Garageband, it wouldn't work, then suddenly it wanted to. Things were fine for a while. I would just have to plug it in to my computer, reset the computer, open Garage band, press the red "record" button on and off a hundred times until my signal was finally coming through. Now that won't even work.

Recently I've been recording to a Tascam 234 cassette deck, which I'm in love with, and running mix downs to my 122 (the 80's stereo cassette deck, not the US-122), but a friend wanted his stuff transfered to CD. I figured it would be easy to just send the mix through my tape outs on my Mackie board into one of the line/in jacks on the 122, but no luck. The US-122 just won't communicate with my computer. It feeds power from it (the green power light comes on when plugged in), and the US is reading signals, it's just not giving those signals to my computer. Is this a normal issue with 122s and Macs? Can I adjust something in Audio/Midi setup? Anyone else have these problems?

Agh! I just want to transfer some analog tracks to digital!

Steven

Unplug the USB when you start up the program and then plug it back in. The program should find it.

I use a 122 with Garageband as well.

I'll try that out, Guitarer. Thanks.

Also (I forgot to mention this), I was listening to my mixdown through the US-122, no tracking on my computer, and the signal was clipping. It was so damn hot! Even when I turned down the input knob on the 122. I brought the faders down on my Mackie's Main Mix, but the signal through the 122 sounded like crap, and I wasn't mixing with headphones. I do have monitors.

???

Back