My Tribute to 9/11 ... Please listen and Post a review

themuzic

I know I will not be the only one recording a song for the aniversery of Sept. 11 but I was home sick on that day and watched it from begining to end.

Half way through the nightmare, I wrote this. I took less than 15 min to put my thoughts to music.

Enjoy, and share your thoughts and opinions. www.mp3.com/johnny_geib or www.nowhereradio.com/johnnygeib

Johnny

Last edited:
Oh Well......

Plenty of views and no replies. Guess it's that bad. Back to the drawing board I guess......

hay man..i wanna hear this however it will take about 25 minutes to download....try to post this at nowhereradio.com so we can stream it.....people are willing to spend time to check it out just not half a day..:D

trust me i guarantee you will get replies....

jamal

Oh yeah man...this totally sucks...NOT!!!

I think a lot of folks hate MP3.com so much, it probably prevents some reviews.

Like I said on your last tune...you are light years ahead of me from a mixing standpoint. I mean, you just rock. If this is the kind of stuff you write and record during a slump, God help me.

The acoustic sounds wonderful...what is it? Vocal = No clams...top notch. Man, this is just good. Ashes and Anguish...cool.

THE END
(and thank you for listening to my "December" tune last time you were here - re-EQ'd the violin).

You know what the hell you're doing.

Okay, one bitch. The synth string thing totally sucks. Nobody else will agree with me, though....and I wouldn't change it if I were you, because it'd probably have a lot less ambiance without it...I'm just gonna' bitch about fake strings whenever I can...ignore me.

:D
chris

Hey, jamal buchet

It's up on Nowhereradio now. Check it out and slap me around a bit :)

Go to Diskography and click the word "Singles"

And, as always, thanx for the kind words Chris. You're not that far behind me with your music quality. I'm just happy to be writing again.

Thanx again, Johnny

wow johnny im speechless. wonderful writing and as usual excellent mix. this song realy hits home and i believe it will hit home with all of us. we should all do a 911 song and do like a big cd for rememberance of this whole thing. because we will never foregett this terrible tragedy called 911. thanks for sharing with us tim pate.

Hey, I just posted a response that never made it to the server, so maybe that's happened to others. Server(s) somewhere are definitely dragging this morning.

At the risk of repeating what I already posted once, I gave a couple low volume listens (from work). It's a fine song, and couldn't have written better lyrics myself! From an arrangement perspective, it wouldn't hurt to pull into the song or out of sooner, reducing it by 30 to 60 seconds. Or, if you could do some solo fill in that last remaining minute of the song. Still, a good track!

Rick

That's a nice studio you got going judging from the photo at NWR. And this is a hell of a good song and recording!

You should send this to Larry King. I almost guarantee they'd play it at the end of the show. Sure beats that John Mellencamp tune they were playing...

Actually, if you're interested, my second home recording was very similar lyrically to this, and it's also about 9/11. Something about those events made me dive straight back into music as well. All those money worries seemed to suddenly disappear...
www.nowhereradio.com/sluice/singles "The Passing"

I hope you don't mind, I'm downloading this to play for my girlfriend. Very nice job! Frankly I'm surprised I haven't heard more songs about it around here. But then again, it's kind of hard to write about.

Take Care,
Tom

great lyrics, and sung with good conviction. Musically, things sound a little boomy, and undefined. The drum sound is starting to happen, and is the best sound of all the instruments, imo. Good song, man.

E X C E L L E N T

Great drums. Those real? It should be a compliment that I have to ask... excellent vocals. Nice mix for the acoustics. Can't wait to hear the version with real strings... when you get signed...

Maybe it's my system, but it sounded a bit dull.. like a blanket over my speakers. Maybe a little high end sheen via a sonic maximizer or aphex aural exciter. I know a lot of people don't like those things, but it's probably because they don't know how to use them. Anywho, just a thought...

The song is okay, although it doesn't rock me of my chair in any sense. I understand how and why the song was conceived and although I'm not american, I was shocked when it all happened. But maybe you need to be american to feel what you all seem to feel when you hear the song, I don't know...

The strings sounds aren't very convincing, especially in the instumental part at the end.

If you want to make a song over five minutes long, I think it's better to give it some more variety to keep it interesting. Right after the last lyrics I would have worked towards an end and not let it go on for another 1,5 minutes without any development.

sounds pretty good ... lacks some defenition in sounds ... sounds like bass takes alot of sonic space ... I would like to see vocals a little more up ... good recording
cheers

christiaan said:
But maybe you need to be american to feel what you all seem to feel when you hear the song, I don't know...

With any luck, you'll never have to know...

Re: confused

MelonHead said:
B.SABBATH - why do you keep giving songs the old "thumbs down" if you like 'em?

It's a Freudian slip. He really doesn't like the tunes. His virtual hands betray him.

Real nice.
Acoustic was especially fine.
Your vocals sound great.

You definatly did justice to all the unfortunate innocents!

I was driving down the highway racing to get home,looking at one building down,and the other one smoking,praying my wife would get out safe.

Thank God she did.

My heart and prayers go out to all those who were not so fortunate.

Pete

First off let me tell you what a incredible sentiment it is to even want to write a song about the events of Sept 11. I have found myself wanting to for awhile, but everytime I try I can't say in words what I feel. I guess it would just be a song of tears ...

Your song, being written so close in proximity to when it happened (15 min) really captures the moment quite well. Very nicely constructed tune ... Very inspired, albeit by some horrible events.

Excellent vocals and really great playing throughout. My only mixing feedback may be that the lows kind of dominated the mix. Maybe a bit of eq can fix that problem -- imhop --

Great job overall. Thanks for sharing this with us!

my heart goes out.......

boydrj.

That's quite a compliment. I'm sorry sometimes the song even had to be written but it was from my heart.

muzeman,

Coming from someone so close to the event, your coments mean the most to me. Glad she was safe.

Back