my studio

norm14

I would like to do electronic music like IDM and D'n'B and Electronic Pop style for my side line...but my main idae is post production for movie.

Actually I haven't experienc about studio before. I'm such a beginer. I usually play music with my friends for fun but now I think it's time to do something seriously. I have amount of budget but I don't know how to investment for studio. what should I do first?

well, I know Pro Tools HD is necessary for post-studio but the price is too high...I just want to start from a smallest set as Pro Tools LE. What do you think about these equipment?

I thinking about 002mixer and Genelec1029, KRK for my first equiments to put in my studio. What do you think? Do I need to change my list or something? this is my list set...

set1
interface - 002rack
mixer+controller - o1v96
speaker - KRK rokit8+sub woofer

set2
interface - 002rack
mixer+controller - commnd8
speaker - KRK rokit+sub woofer

set3 (these set much be too high for me)
mixer+controller+interface - 002mixer
speaker - Adam P11

Do I need to buy everything but low quality or buy something that very importance first. I have budget around 12,000 CD. Please give me more suggestion.

the first set seems really decent to me, though I'm not really that spoiled when it comes to fancy equipment, thus not any judge. I do know that I could do something really worthwhile with that setup. However, what about mics, pres, DAW? Allright, so you'll be doing mostly electronic music, what about synths / sound modules / samplers? Cubase SX2 is what I would recommend programwise, what with the whole VSTi thing... But maybe there's something equivilant in protools?
Bottom line: seems a great start, but you're going to need some more stuff than that you know, unless you've left things out intentionally.

Back