my space status

gwayms

Can anyone tell me how to change my MYSPACE status, from personel to an artist/band status? I want to keep everything the same, but i want to be able to add my own music.

You've got to send a message. Search through the FAQ, there's something in there about that, and you have to send a message to the support people, they'll change it.

zacanger said:
You've got to send a message. Search through the FAQ, there's something in there about that, and you have to send a message to the support people, they'll change it.

It takes them a while though, so be patient!

Indeed it does. It took them several weeks to switch over my first account to a music page. After that I wised up and signed up for Artists pages immediately for my other accounts.

yeah, the quickest way to do it might actually be to just delete your account and sign up again as an artist. but I'm not sure how long it takes for the deletion to happen, if it's automated or they have to get around to doing that after a few weeks too.

I tried switching mine about a month ago... It just didn't happen. Now I'm trying to figure out a way just to add a music player to my personal page and be done with it.

bigwillz24 said:
I tried switching mine about a month ago... It just didn't happen. Now I'm trying to figure out a way just to add a music player to my personal page and be done with it.

Checkout my page -

www.myspace.com/nlrs

If you like the player, I can show you how to do it (PM me). It's way better than the crappy myspace player.

I had the same problem. I created a new music account, then linked the uploaded song I wanted to my original personal account. Remember that you'll need a personal account to post bulletins, so keeping both like that isn't a bad idea. Just remember to add yourself as a friend and put it at the top so ppl get the idea...

nukeitout said:
I had the same problem. I created a new music account, then linked the uploaded song I wanted to my original personal account. Remember that you'll need a personal account to post bulletins, so keeping both like that isn't a bad idea. Just remember to add yourself as a friend and put it at the top so ppl get the idea...
Say... what?

I have an artist profile.. and I.. post bulletins....

:cool:

bigwillz24 said:
Adding a myspace music player toa personal account is against T&Cs.
Safest to just start a new artists page, thats what I did.

Eck

The secret: www.google.com
Try it, you'll like it :) (try 'myspace music player' or somesuch)

Back on topic, it would be better to have an official artist account and starting from scratch than to try to jimmy-rig a third-party player onto your personal page. You won't get listed as an artist or anything related if you don't have an artist account.

It's worth it man, trust me.

Back