my soundcard

B-Mac_DsP

hey guys...i am using a soundcard i got from office depot...i currently have my mic into the mic slot..but was told i would bet better quality outta the Line in slot.....true or false??? and if true...is there a way to allow the card to record off the line in?? b/c when i got to select it it won't allow...only will alow stereo mix and mic......helllllppppp

holla

well firstly for recording you need a proper sound card.
otherwise sound quality will be poor. eg; look at the maudio line up.
if the sound card you bought doesnt have a stereo line input then
i suggest you get one that does.
also you will need a microphone and a cheap mixer to boost the small mic signal and send to sound card line input.

yea manning i got a condensor mic and the mic amp......are you saying its best to record outta line in???? the card i got now has that but it just won't allow me to record off it....

holla

Line In is better.

Make sure your windows (assuming PC) mixer has Line In check marked.

More info on your setup will allow to get answers quicker.

bmac.
mic>>>mic pre (or mixer mic input)>>>soundcard line input.
search under my name for lots of other tips. including how to clean up tracks when poor sound cards are used.
peace.

Check it out ...... double click the little speaker down by the clock .... click Options in that mixer window .... select Properties ..... click the little Recording button in "Adjust volume for" ... place a check mark in all of the option listed under "Show the following volume controls" .... now click OK.
You should now be looking at the Recoding Control mixer for your soundcard.
Each control has a check box under it for selecting that device as the recording input.
Make sure the Line IN is selected with a check mark.
If for some reason it still won't let you select the Line IN, I'd say it may be time to think about a new/better soundcard. Or, at least, go to the manufactures web site of your soundcard and look for some updated drivers.

Back