My second mixed song! Tell me what stinks!

I thought the acoustic guitar sounded great.

I thought the vocals sounded pretty boxy. A narrow cut somewhere around 1000hz - 1200hz might help. There are a few bobbled notes. Focus on holding your pitch on notes that are held for a while. A pitchy note or two as well.

Chris,

I agree with TripleM. I think the acoustic sounds really great and the vocals could use a little work. I like that they're heartfelt. Love the hymnal style of this tune. Great worship song. When the organ enters it's also sweet. The solo part sounds cool too.

I don't know if you're interested in songwriting and/or recording critiques. Let us know what kind of specific feedback you'd like.

The melody reminds me of "In Christ Alone", but diverges enough to be it's own melody.

Also, for Soundcloud, if you click on the blue title of the individual song you get the webpage for just that song. You can then cut and paste THAT link here so that song is included. There's even a soundcloud code thing that will let you post the visual waveform thing that soundcloud does. :)

I like it a lot! I am fine with the close miked vocals. Maybe just a touch more verb? And yes the vocals could be tighter, but so could all of mine.....

TripleM, thank you for the mixing and vocal tips. I'll give the frequency cuts a try when I get back to my recording computer. As for the vocals, I live recorded them with the guitar and it it kills me to hear a couple of the notes. I went back to edit them, but the bleed from the guitar track was too much. Thanks again.

projectmix, thank you very much for the extensive feedback and encouragement. Glad you liked those parts of the song :) I am most interested in mixing critiques and secondly songwriting/ arrangement critiques. Also, THANK YOU for sharing how to embed the song on here, I have been wondering how to do that for quite a while! I appreciate your feedback.

Jason, glad I'm not the only one ;) I went light on the verb and close miked to get a simple, intimate sound. I'll give the verb boost a try as well. Thank you for listening and your feedback!

I would consider lowering the key about a whole step down, seems that some of the song is taxing your range, it would sound smoother down a bit.

Back