My Rock Song

solarscar

I originally posted this in the wrong forum.

Well, i'm not the best singer there is for sure so the vocals are not really up in front as much as possible. The mic is a shitty AKG c 2000b. Natively i am a drummer, but due to the restraints in my house due to sized and neighbors, i had to do the best i could with a drum machine as best as i could and how i would play normally. Here is my song i did a few days ago. Tell me what you think....

lyrics...

http://www.evolimports.com/feel_lyrics.txt

Last edited:
The intro is pretty cool, but when the song kicks in, it gets pretty muddy. I can't even really tell what the bass is doing. Is it just doubling the rhythm guitars with 8th notes? Maybe you could have a little variety between the parts to break it up a bit.

No, you're not the best singer in the world, but there's a lot worse too. I don't think it helps to bury the vocals, because you need to hear what you need to work on. Also, it will be hard for others to give you advice on your vox if they can't hear them either. Singing takes practice; it's an instrument just like any other.

The rhythm was nice and solid throuhgout, and I liked the little chordal bridge in there. There was a nice vibe to the song in general. I think by the time the third verse comes around, though, something should change. Either change to vocal melody to make it higher, add some harmony, add a counter-melody on guitar or synth, drop the drums and make the instrumentation really sparse, or something--- anything other than just repeating the same melody with the same music again, for the 3rd time.

Keep at it!

That kick is just ridiculous (way too dominant). The snare sounds more like handclaps. The drums don't fit the music at all, really.

The guitars are muddy and I can't make out the vocal at all.

So, bring up the vocals. Remove some of the processing on them also. Reprogram the drums.

Back