My Rock Song

solarscar

Well, i'm not the best singer there is for sure so the vocals are not really up in front as much as possible. The mic is a shitty AKG c 2000b. Natively i am a drummer, but due to the restraints in my house due to sized and neighbors, i had to do the best i could with a drum machine as best as i could and how i would play normally. Here is my song i did a few days ago. Tell me what you think....

lyrics...

http://www.evolimports.com/thesmithboys/adam/pages/feel_lyrics.txt

i thought it was ok but because there isnt really much of a chorus i felt that you would have to have the vox more in your face (even though you dont want to) to give the listener something more to hang onto. either that or improve the chorus. i really did however think the intro to the song was quite well done. i also felt that the kick drum was way too loud and it distracted me from the flow of the song.

despite these small criticisms its not a bad effort at all. keep it up.

I agree with cliff for the most part. I feel like what you have for a chorus now sounds like a pre-chorus to me, sort of pulls to a chorus that's not there. I think the intro and overall sound and composition were well above par.

Keep making music,
Sean

Definitely agree with the previous comments. The production needs some serious work - have you posted it in the clinic?

The song reminds me of the new wave stuff I loved as a teenager in the late 70's - that means I like it :)

Back