my potential studio

emohbe

I have not purchased anything for my future studio except for Macbook. I just want to list out what I'm as of now planning on getting and if you see anything better I can do please help me out.

-Macbook pro OS X
-M-Audio Fast Track Ultra High-speed 8 x 8 USB 2.0 Interface
-Logic Studios (Not sure about this..Im going for hiphop)
-M-audio axiom 61 keyboard
-2 Krk Rokit 5's

That basically what I want I will add more pro stuff later.

I don't know much about this but this is what I want gathered from researching what I would need.

Also, can I connect my Krk Rokit 5's throught that interface or will I need something else. Thanks

Yes, you can connect the RoKits right into the outputs on the back of the interface. And I don't know much about hip-hop, but you might want to consider Reason 4 if you are going to be making beats. If you're just doing vocals, Logic should be fine. On the topic of doing vocals, you will most likely need a microphone, probably a condenser. I'd look around in the "Microphones" section of this site for advice on that.

BTW, I have a very similar setup to yours so feel free to ask me any questions you have.

Thanks. I just ordered everything on my list now and now I'm just waiting until it all gets here. I'll reply if I have any problems.

Did you get Logic yet? I might recommend going with Logic Express 9 instead of the whole studio package to start. You can always upgrade to Pro and Express has enough features to take you a long way for 2/5 the price.

if you can, you might want to return those rokits, if you are doing hip-hop they are probably not going to give you the bass response that you need. save up a little more and get the rokit 8's. Also, +1 for getting Reason, the best beat-making program IMHO

if you can, you might want to return those rokits, if you are doing hip-hop they are probably not going to give you the bass response that you need. save up a little more and get the rokit 8's. Also, +1 for getting Reason, the best beat-making program IMHO

Or eventually add on the KRK Sub for the full effect.

Back