My (Pink Floyd influenced) DEMO - Check it out!!!

Pretty good mix! I think the vocal needs to come up a little bit. And I wanted to hear more panning work. But I liked the sound of it. Good job.

Very nice man! :D

I Agree with Steven... Difenetly, it kind of sounds too centered...you could use some panning to give the parts more space and independance..

And you need to bring up the vocals a little bit also... they sound kinda back in the mix..

Other than that pretty nice recording! I like it a lot.

Did you write all the music? and recorded it by yourself?
Very nice songwriting and arregnments man.

Now, give a listen to my songs:D and tell me whatcha think. Thanx!
https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=121122

Peace
Jose

Oh and btw..I love all the songs, but my fav. is In the Show.

You got a pretty nice voice man! Cheers! I hope you become famous one day, I'll buy a copy of your record for sure. Good Music.

Peace
Jose

wow its so soothing to listen to some analog recordings then rather the digital recordings such a noticable differnce

Very good. I like it. U got any record deal or prospects of? Recording was real good. Nice and soft feel to the recording.is that because it was on recorded on tape or what? keep up the good songs.

Awsome dude. I'm a big Floyd fan, and I usually write music from their inspiration as well, just not as true to the form as you. I agree with everyone about the vocals as well, but I also think those lead guitar passages could be brought up as well. That just may be because I listened to it in Lo-Fi though. I loved the slide work and the keyboards. Great job Man!!!

Venejer_Jose said:
Did you write all the music? and recorded it by yourself?
Very nice songwriting and arregnments man.

Now, give a listen to my songs:D and tell me whatcha think. Thanx!
https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=121122

I did write all the music. I recorded with a friend of mine in an old movie house turned studio. I played most of the guitar, and produced it. My friend Co-Produced, engineered, and played all the other instruments.

I will give your stuff a listen and get back to you. Thanks again!

Thats ashame, have you been trying? Maybe this is what the industry needs right now. Why not since alot of the bands out now are just copies of 70s bands!

I am in a band, a five peice rock band. We do heavy, melodic music with loads of energy at times.
Have a listen if you so please but the quality aint too great as it is in lo-fi.
It was recorded live in a studio.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/seratonescotlandmusic.htm

Thanks everyone for their kind words. A friend of mine from San Francisco has just forwarded this demo on to a guy who has a college radio station that plays mostly classic stuff. He is supposed to let me know if I get popular on the west coast haha.

For some reason, I never thought this stuff was ANY good, but judging from responses here and other places I have posted - I guess I was wrong. Bit my insecurity in the butt!

Thanks again everyone.

Hey, u2bonoman.

I listened to In the Snow. I think you did a good job. Musically good, and a good mix. Really very pleasant. I can't think of anything to change.

Well done!

Hey I like this stuff ALOT. You could add a little bit of high end to the vox to make them stand out just a little bit more but overall it's fun stuff to listen to. Thank God for a recording that's not harsh... don't see that too often.

Very nice, Mr U2fan. Very nice indeed. Wasn't totally convinced by the first little keyboard break, seemed to stutter a little which only stood out because everything else is so smooth. Thanks - that was a pleasure to listen to.

Back