My Own Two Eyes

Guitarer

Excuse my nasally vocals. My allergies are always acting up when I'm in the mood to record. It's a curse. Also, I only mixed once through, so I'd appreciate any comments on the levels.

Its getting harder to breathe
But it's getting easier to see
'Cause when you deny one of your senses
It strengthens the ones that you need

And baby I don't need to believe
'Cause I've got my own two eyes to deceive me, now

And it's getting darker outside
But its just as bright in my mind
'Cause their aint no room for dusk in my head
When I got all these clouds in my life

And baby I don't want you to worry
'Cause I've got all my good friends right here with me
And they'll never let me down
Yeah, unlike you they'll always be around

You're so warm girl, and you smell so bold
Makes me wonder why the world's so cold
You could cure my pain with just a smile
And leave me for dead in the blink of an eye

But baby I don't need to believe
'Cause I've got my own two eyes

Only 18! ...Young pup around these old dogs! Just teasing. The song is OK; I was looking for a razor at one point (depression), but I made it through.;)
There not much there to mix. Your guitar sounds good. Your voice is ok. The synth added a welcome variety (I'm not sure it was a clear patch; Perhaps something with a good strings sound would work better). I know you young whippersnappers don't care much for the reverb, but I kinda like it for these home recordings. We don't have the perfect, professionally treated guitar room to give it that space without using a lot of reverb. The same goes for the vox. They sound real dry and close. If you don't like the 'verb, then I (this is just me- some hate this approach) would double track (hard panned) or stereo mic that guitar. Then, I would double or triple up that vocal track (after you feel better) and add some harmonies here and there as well. A little Auto tune and 'dead-nuts' performances by you would help keep all the vox crisp and tight, while offering some depth and character.

I'm no pro, my own stuff is mediocre, so take whatever works for you :D

Back