My new tune

Nilbog

hello
Check it out and tell me what you think
(I posted it here and not in the mixing clinic because I just want to know what you think of the song,not the recording.)
Although if yo have any tips on how not to sund like kermit the frog, thsoe would be appreciated
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2665&alid=-1
the song is called bad day

Lyrics:
Its been a bad day again
I woke up late again
the sky is changing from orange to red to gray
and I wanted to say....

That I want you to know
that I want you to go
And I wanted to say
I dont want you to stay

I had that dream again
the one where I was
your secret all locked up inside your mind
and I thought I could find

A way out of the place
so your could see my face
so you could see
your not a part of me

Hey Nil,
Sorry, I don't have an account with Nowhereradio so I didn't listen.

I did read over your lyrics a few times and like them very much.

rock on.

LOL @ kermit.

Good song, liked it.

I never even realized it was acceptable ettiquette to post songs in here... good to know...

badgas: I didnt realize you need to have an account to listen. But thanks for your comments on my lyrics. I think my lyrics are the weakest part of my songwriting, so it's good to know someone like's them.

bloodshark: thanks!

cellardweller: I don't know if it is or isn't - but it should be! I mean, how else would you get people to critique your song?

ESPECIALLY if you start posting about a song in here, it is expected that you post the finished product here. Don't desert the songwriting clinic, just because it's finally something you can listen to.

If it's just guitar and vocal, keep it here, let it grow into a mix that is appropriate to then post in the MP3 Clinic.

If it quickly becomes a complex mix and not just vocal and guitar, it's totally ok to post in the MP3 Clinic also if you are expressly seeking 'mixing' advice and not seeking feedback on the merits of the songwriting.

The whole learning chain is the issue ... where did it originate, and what do you want from that forum.

I personally think the songwriter's bbs, and the MP3 Clinic are very serially related. A song born in the songwriter's clinic should be the very nature of this bbs, finally appear in the MP3 Mixing Clinic.

The final product of songwriting, is the 'song' and we listen to that, here. But if it's a complex mix ... post in the MP3 Clinic for mixing advice, by all means.

Now ... cross-posting that finished product from here to the MP3 Clinic is a sticky situation. And what is blatant cross-posting ?

If it's a collaboration, and both persons are active in the MP3 Clinic, more than acceptable, for sure.

There's a bawdy ballad that was recently borne in here, and I know it's going to appear in the MP3 Clinic.

If you are a single artist, and only active in this forum and want to post a mix in the MP3 Clinic, do that, but beware of a crosspost here, unless you started a thread about the song here, and it 'grew up' in here, and get a collaborator from the MP3 Clinic.

Look for solid linkage between the two forums for the efficacy of cross posting. And make sure that your work is 'ready' for the feedback from that particular bbs.

Back