My new custom Roadster head!

thebigcheese

"Hi, I'm in Delaware."
My first Mesa/Boogie, too! Pretty stoked about it. It takes a little adjusting to the new flavor after coming off my Orange, but I'm liking it more and more as I start using it.

IMG_20120217_135919.jpg

I joined the mesa ranks in the last year as well. They're pretty finicky amps when it comes to dialing in your tone...it took me months to get it right. One thing is for sure, they are such articulate amps that they will expose every little nuance of your picking and fretting style. I never realized how much string noise I made until I cranked my mesa.

But it matches my cabs! And also it's my favorite color. Two out of my three guitars are orangish sunbursts :) It's a killer amp, but there's definitely an adjustment period. It just feels very different, and not as bright as the Orange I'm used to for sure. Still, I'm loving it so far!

I'm a big fan of unusual coverings. I had a snakeskin Pro Sonic from the Fender custom shop.
It was so beautiful I tried for quite a while to like it but it just sucked.

I have a blue Tolex Marshall 6101. That's another POS but it sure does look cool!

I love my Mark III. Never had an amp that would do everything I wanted before that.
Congrats on the Roadster! :)

On a related note, I'm running it with two 1x12 Orange cabs, the PPC112s, and it seems to me that they are fine at low volumes, but when I get the volume up around 10 o'clock on one of the drive channels, the high end gets cranky and harsh. What I am trying to figure out if that is a function of the space (an underground basement with the cabs practically against a wall and pretty much in a corner), the Vintage 30s in the cabs, or the cabs themselves. 6L6s are supposed to be smooth, so I don't think it's that, and even turning the treble and presence controls all the way down doesn't get rid of the harsh bite, so I am inclined to think it is related to the cab. I also have a Peavey Windsor 4x12 and I could load the V30s into that for an oversized 2x12 (I'm not even considering the POS Peavey speakers), but then I would have to haul that huge cab to gigs and I really don't want to do that...

Back