My Mouse is Drunk

GazEcc

mBallstát atá tiomanta
Hello old friends, been a while.

Well guess who just bought himself a new MacBook Pro? Yours truely, anyway.. I've been working hard and felt i deserved a new machine after being relegated to windows for nearly 8 months. Oh its all been going well and I have just installed Cubase again, Ai 6, and licensed it aswell which you all know is a pain in itself but now when running cubase I'm finding that my mouse is drunk..

If I move my mouse around the screen its physical position is registered in cubase as if its somewhere else rendering it pretty much useless (built in trackpad the same)

Some screenshots to explain the first is the prefs menu after clicking appearance the second on clicking editing.On.Click Appearance.pngOn.Click Editing.png

As you may guess this has basically rendered any hopes of doing some work this weekend with my new baby impossible :(, has anyone experienced this before perchance? note I've updated to the latest patches, restarted and tried cursing wildly at it. all three techniques proving fruitless.

Thank you for your time :) and I swear I haven't been with another forum just been too busy to post :P

After being relegated to Windows by choice, I can safely say that I have never seen this problem when running only one monitor. If you use 2, things can get flaky due to primary and secondary monitor assignment and how the mouse tracks betwixt the two. But that's on a PC.

I considered an issue with the display also and tried reverting back to apples 'preferred' resolution which had little or no effect on the problem, but thanks for the insight :)

Back