My mixer's been acting strange

Toasta Whales

So anyway for the past week or so my mixer has been serving me well; it produced very little hiss or noise on the recordings it produced on my recordings (which I mix using acid music studio 7.. heheh). Today, however, it has been producing an abnormal amount of hiss and noise, to the point where the sheer amount of those imperfections overwhelm the actual parts being recorded. The configurations on my mixer weren't changed from the session prior, though I did experiment with the Gain and ST levels to see if that had anything to do with it (which it didn't). I was using all of the same equipment, everything was consistent from the night before; although I did leave the mixer on without using it for a few hours before I started recording today. Its funny how these technical impurities really come around during times of inspiration.. anyway my mixer is a "Yamaha MW10 USB Mixing Studio" and it was hooked up to my keyboard through a standard guitar wire (which isn't the problem). Anyway thanks for your help.

Also I should add that the mixer doesn't record my keyboard as loud as it did the day before.

Last edited:
What happens when you unplug all mics and other inputs?

What happens when you turn each fader down?

What happens when you turn the master fader down?

What happens when you turn the mixer off?

THere aren't faders, etc because I work digitally. I just use the mixer to transmit the sound made from my keyboard and other instruments. I only have one wire in it, the one I'm using to record.

There aren't faders, etc because I work digitally. I just use the mixer to transmit the sound made from my keyboard and other instruments. I only have one wire in it, the one I'm using to record.

There's still faders on the mixer, maybe you have one turned up unknowingly (which could cause the noise and hum)

Back