My Mixer died

gibsonguy09

I was playing my guitar through my PA system. (crate PA6FX) adn it juss died. Thr pwer light went out adn no noise coming through the speakers or othe speakers. I switched speakers, cables, guitars, and outlets. Any suggestions on what has happened?

Last edited:
SonicAlbert said:
First thing to do is check the fuse. Remember to unplug the mixer first! :eek:

where is the fuse at? Sorry i am a newbie at mixers but i looked on the back and their is nowhere that i fuse looks like it would be?

I don't know that particular mixer, but I would expect the manual to tell you where the fuse is. If the info is not in the manual the next thing I would try would be to call or email Crate and see if they have any advice for you.

I guess i'll go and take it to the dealer adn see if he can fix/ replace it if needed. Thanks for your help (i lost the owners manual along te way :confused:

SonicAlbert said:
Taking it back to the dealer for repairs/replacement sounds like the way to go. Good luck!

Ok, on my way to Guitar Attentionf Center. Hopefully they wil replace it considering it has a 5 year warantee.

i'm in total love with fuses (if thats the correct spelling)

last year i "blew up" my mixer twice, scared the hell out of me,
i opened the machine , replaced the fuse (twice) and it worked again,
i did sell that mixer a few months after that happened...

and last month the same kinda thing happened with my Motu soundcard,
BENG, it died, once again the fuse saved MY life

thats the only "electronic repair" thing i can do, replace fuses... :rolleyes:

if your mixer isn't in warrantee anymore i wouldn't hesitate to screw it open and see what you got inside, if it still is in warrantee, let the store fix it, they get paid for it :D

Back