My latest effort...

nopoetic

any criticism is welcome. production, music, vocals, lyrics etc.

I did this song on Nuendo 2. The drums are fruity loops. The keys/bass are microKorg. Vocals are from an SM58. Used volume automation. Panned nearly all of it hard left/right depending on the part. Used various VST effects (distortion on vocals/keys, reverb, compression for vox)

There are drums, bass (keys), 5 different key parts (3 on verse, 3 on chorus, 2 on bridge).

Just some information to help anyone out to figure out what I did.

Thanks in advance for anyone giving input.

www.myspace.com/agentofmonaco

First observation is that the lead vocals seem really squished and distorted giving it a real sinister sound, almost as if you're singing from the catacombs. If that's what you are after, you did a good job there.

The synth parts are smack on, played well. I like the voicings you chose as well. The back up voices are really interesting. Is that you distorted to sound like a woman's voice or did you have a gal do backup?

Interesting piece, again, obviously you and I have different tastes, but from a production standpoint, I don't notice any glaring weakness.

on point man. great comments.

"creepy/depressing" is the vibe.

and thats all me on vocals. its only two high parts with reverb on the chorus. no pitch shifters, no chicks. i frankly dont understand my range. i can hit really high notes for some reason. odd without vocal training.

i wrote and "finished" this song today, starting about 10am to around 11pm. hence the name.

the things i'm looking for are more on the musical side. the opinion as of now is its repetitive on the leads, which I'm going to re-evaluate.

thanks again for the comments.

Back