"My Iron Lung" - downtempo trip hop

Yeah, nice. If the drum was just a t-a-s-t-e quieter throughout (and way quieter toward the end when you really hammer it), would you still be happy?

Yeah, nice. If the drum was just a t-a-s-t-e quieter throughout (and way quieter toward the end when you really hammer it), would you still be happy?
Hmmmmm....I think bringing down the drums would really haunt me. The trip-hop sound is all about the dominant drums!

This is nice. Hypnotic. Not familiar with trip-hop, but it's not strange to my ears. Not sure I'm quite crazy about the drum sound - the snare in particular.

Good job. Well mixed and recorded.

I agree with famous beagle in so much as I like your take on the song.

To my ear, the drums are muddying up the mix and some of the automation is a bit strong but it's not a million miles away.

I agree with famous beagle in so much as I like your take on the song.

To my ear, the drums are muddying up the mix and some of the automation is a bit strong but it's not a million miles away.
Thanks HP - where are you noticing the strong automation?

Thanks HP - where are you noticing the strong automation?

2.33 -3.10ish, don't hate it but you're losing the vocal. If you want that much volume change, maybe a dynamic eq sidechained to the vocal might help it cut through (or perhaps something like trackspacer if you have it).

Back