My humble Studio

Son of Mixerman

Mix Junior
I've tried for so long to do this web thing. I don't have any software that can get my pic into what John Sayers needs for adding me to his site. So my provider has this lame, preconfigured web contruction mess that I tried to use. Well, click on the WWW button and my humble little studio should pop up on your screen. I know..ugly page but whaddaya do. Its saturday and I had to rewire 3/4 of the studio....I have a headache and im pegging the grumpometer to the pin.... Im gonna take a pill...wheew. I hope its pleasing to sombody ;)

Peace,
SoMm

Looks pretty cool to me chief!

Why can't you get the photo/file size down?
Are they scanned photos or digital photos?

It has a very humble vibe, but at the same time it has just the right amount of pro touches, like the rack in the wall, that thing is sick!

Looks good to me.

Man Im hating my parallel walls !!!

Im getting closer with controlling them though.

Malcolm

Wow, thanks guys ;)

I went for a gothic kinda vibe. Small and intimate. I still have to deal with the live room getting done. I have too much junk and no where to store it. Womb Jr is nice description. Its dark and quiet where I can relax and pay attention to what Im doing.
Has anyone else every gotten stuck with homepage template choices this bad?

MANY THANKS TO MR SAYERS ;) Thanks John, for all the help on getting some of my problems fixed. The Bass Trap over the console works awesome, and alot of people walk up and actually touch it, "Dude...what this for?" Thanks John for doing a webpage for me, yup..it loads fast and looks alot better. I can see the pictures.

As far as the rack built into the wall, is sick bad or good? I thought it was pretty cool, I can see everything, all the wiring hangs verticle, amp dissipates upward and the kids can't reach the knobs ;) The paint is a $30 a gallon Dutchboy Granite, real peices of granite in the paint, a total nightmare to paint, but it feels sorta like its been carved out of rock. I still have some small things to fix, like how to turn my hollow core door into something that is solid, and diffuses ;) I hate parallel walls, but I figured if I shorten them, make them float and put foam on them they would work. Yup, my wall are not anchored. I have 1/8 of neoprene under the 2X4's and the fasteners are on slotted holes so the wall moves +/- 16th of an inch. One of the things I didn't expect was that the nearfields have a wider sweet spot than previously. I can sit six feet back and still not have dips. But those big 12 inch Knight monitors, need alot more room. Having the recorder and that big rolling cabinet where they are, I get a huge dip in everything except 12khz or so.

Thanks for the great comments, this place was very inspiring I must say. Picture of my family help me remember to come out once in a while.

Peace,
SoMm

Back