My guitar came today..

Kelly5150

My new/used Ibanez came today, its a beauty... 400 smackers, killer deal...

When I first plugged it in I was like "what the fuck?"... it sounded like shit and was making noises, I was thinking no wonder he sold it... so I took off the plate and noticed a battery,...LOL... duh, it was deader than hell... I put in a fresh one and voila, sounded great...

Anyway it plays like a dream, it looks awesome, the pic doesn't do it justice...

Its got tons of flame, I just wish the stain wasn't so dark, it hides alot of it...
I'm a happy camper...:)

i-2_B_L.JPG

It's not my kind of guitar, but that is not important for you.

congrats, and I hope you enjoy it!

Thanx guys, yeah my fingers are hurtin for certain....
Its got 10's on it, I'm used to 9's.. they dont bend as easy....:p

2 more days and my POD XT gets here..

Its just like Christmas!....LOL

:D :rolleyes: :p

That guitar looks like one of those basses that the guys who are really good at playing basses use....

I really wanted a wild color guitar- purple or turquoise- when I was in the market buying a new electric, but I was mislead into thinking I'd get tired of it in a few monthes...

I was totally wrong, and now Im stuck with an Ace Frehley Cherry sunburst...boring :(

It's beatiful, how does it sound!?

And why does your electric guitar need a battery?

The neighbors are going to hear about this!!

Nice guitar!! Have FUN!!!!

GT

Upon further playing... This baby kicks ass!... There isn't anything I dont like about it... I got lucky buying it sight unseen...

Chrisjob: It sounds really good... and plays even better... yeah purple is a cool color for a guitar..:)

EMG pickups kick ass, the active EMG 89 isn't quite as crisp as an EMG 81, but its a good all around pickup..

Does anyone know if the EMG 89 is suppose to be bassier, than an 81?

I have an EMG 81 on my ESP guitar and it sounds crisper, I dont know too much about pickups so I'm not sure the difference between the two...

Thanks for the compliments guys...

:D :p

i believe the 89 was designed for use as a neck or bridge pickup, like the 85. the 81 is the standard for emg's when it comes to bridge pickups.

jacob

jacobs said:
i believe the 89 was designed for use as a neck or bridge pickup, like the 85. the 81 is the standard for emg's when it comes to bridge pickups.

jacob

I got the 89 in the bridge and 85 in the neck... SV in the middle... they all sound great...
maybe the wood type makes them sound bassier than the 81 on my ESP.. My ESP has a basswood body I believe and lighter, and the Ibanez is maple over mahogany, thats the only thing I can think of that would make the 81 sound more crisper and crunchier...

:)

That guitar is a badass!

Would've been a perfect electric guitar for my girlfriend, but she doesn't like gold hardware. I bought her an accoustic guitar w/ gold hardware and tried to explain to her that it was an upgrade and that people want gold hardware on their guitars, but she wants "silver." Just like a girl, the color is more important than logic..

I don't even have gold hardware on any of my guitars and I happen to like the gold look!!

Girls...

Pat

Thanks guys, for the compliments...

Yeah gold hardware looks really cool/classy... its not all worn either, its nice and shiny....
I definitely got a good deal, I cant believe no one else even bid on it, I would of gone at least $500 or more, just cuz of the upgrades... $400 was a steal....:)

Ahhhhhhhhhh....... girlfriends....wtf?.....LOL:confused:

:D :p

Is that a solid maple burst top cap, photo-flame, or a laminate top? Jap, American or Korean? Whatever the cap or where it was made the guitar still looks BEAUTIFUL!!! Congrats!!!:)

stratman said:
Is that a solid maple burst top cap, photo-flame, or a laminate top? Jap, American or Korean? Whatever the cap or where it was made the guitar still looks BEAUTIFUL!!! Congrats!!!:)

Its a two piece flame maple top over mahogany and its made in Japan...

Thanks...

:)

Back