My first subs!

goat_reserves

These are two songs I did. They're not extrodenay quality, they were recorded from a 4 track tape to comp. I'm soon to get my new Audio card so I can start making qualitie recordings, But

PLease help me out. I know a lot of stuff is flat and off, but just about the songs.

nice playing

your playing sounds good and tight, and your vocals are nice, this is not my genere of music but it sounds nice. are these originals? i dont know much about this kinda music. but when you go to digital recording it will surely rock, even though this sounds great for being analog, nice cant wait to here you in digital thanks for sharing. tim pate

I listened to the first one, and I do like the song. The chord progression is a bit cliche-folk, but it does have some character. I think with more tracks (and a bit more time & effort), it could be pretty cool. I do like the drummer's style (adds much of the character) and the singer's voice, but it really sounds like you guys hurried through it.

Once you make the move to digital and learn some recording techniques, I'm sure you'll be well on your way. The writing has potential, just needs some refinement.

Best O' Luck to ya

listened to Forever. Pretty nice song. Good playing and good singing. Ok there was an english line here and there. I'm not crazy right? Overall sound was nice.

It seems to get louder at 2:04. Are there multiple singers on this one? It seems like a different voice there.

I think the chimes were over used. If it were me I'd take them out completely. Definitiely don't use them any more than that first time in the intro.

I apologize because I have to insert the following standard lines (they're contractually required in all threads in the clinic)... The vocals are too compressed I thought. The drums sound too canned.

Or don't pay attention to any of this :) Again - overall a nice job.

Trip

Listened to forever ... sounds realy good to me ... drums are canned but they fit the style so I have no problem ... singer sounds great too ... I also thought there might be two different singers ... mix sounds pro to me ... tight performance all around ...
great job

Which one do you want reviewed? The songs are obviously completely unrelated, one recording with top quality stuff and top quality musicians, and the other, well.., isn't. :)

regebro said:
Which one do you want reviewed? The songs are obviously completely unrelated, one recording with top quality stuff and top quality musicians, and the other, well.., isn't. :)

Thats why I thought this was some kind of joke...the second song is definetly NOT recorded on a 4-track as stated...the first is a 4-track but the second one is definetly NOT.

who knows,it could be a song from his CD collection.
:eek:

I like the first song a lot better, actually, but the recording sucks worse that the first thing my 12 year old recorded.

I hate the second song totally, but the recording is better than anything I've ever recorded.

I think you may have some "credibility" issues to clean up.

chrisharris said:
I like the first song a lot better, actually, but the recording sucks worse that the first thing my 12 year old recorded.

I hate the second song totally, but the recording is better than anything I've ever recorded.

I think you may have some "credibility" issues to clean up.

:eek: :D :eek:

jumanji

Yes...by all means Kramer. Please do that, because it's starting to bug me too. I'm in Dallas now, and I just had my brother (MY BROTHER) listen to ACID WASH, and he thought it was me. It's not.

TWO of them (i/p. addys) will look very similar.

One is different.

-the enigma

I listened to the second song--Song was good-performance was pretty good-the recording....well...the guitar sounded like a bass ukelelei (sp) if there is such a thing-there was one chord in the progression that made a sort of whooooooooom sound---how did you mic it and with what? You can definetely get a better guitar sound-search around these boards or experiment with diff techniques-the song deserves better! The vocals sounded pretty good and the performance was sincere sounding-overall I liked the song.

Good songs, but the timing is all over the place.
Is it all you or a band?

The guitarist needs to learn how to change chords without dropping the tempo, and the drummer needs to be able to do fills without raising the tempo. :) The drummer could start with not making as many fills.

Yes, on the second song the guitar sounds like an ukulele. Or rather, it sounds like you have a capo very high up on a nylon stringed guitar. And since the song goes too high for the singer lowering that capo may be a good idea. :)

In short: Practice the playing more. The songs are worth it.

You guys have good ears, it is a baritone Uke. thats the style. Yeah, I need to get a metrinome. I need to learn how to spell metrinome. lol. anyways its all me and its really hard to record a drum track with out anything to work from. Thanks for all the input! don't stop! lol.

Back